“great food, excellent service”

Muzita Abyssinian Bistro
Ranked #397 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adams
Description: Welcome to Muzita Abyssinian Bistro! Our goal is to provide our neighbors with a unique cultural dining experience. The name and inspiration for the restaurant is our sister, Muzit. She loved to cook and was a gracious host whose house was open to anyone who wanted to eat authentic Abyssinian (Eritrean/Ethiopian) food. You enter our restaurant, you are entering our home. The exterior bungalow design evokes the warmth of a home. This theme continues with the menu and interior decoration. East African artists grace the walls and provide a glimpse of the culture. The bistro embodies our commitment and responsibility to the community, the earth, and each other. The main focus of Muzita Bistro is the exquisite food. We use locally grown produce to make dishes that are reminiscent of the old country. Throw away the fork and use your hands, the traditional way! This is food and African hospitality at its best. We look forward to sharing a meal with you! -The Woldemichael Family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had really good experience at this restaurant. Hadn't tried different type of food for while. My earlier and only experience with Ethiopian restaurant wasn't all that great (another restaurant in San Diego). However, this one was outstanding. Great service and vegetarian friendly food. We liked pretty much everything that we tried.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you like Indian and Middle Eastern food you'll love this. My second time at an Ethiopian restaurant and both have been a memorable experience. The mixed vegetable side was the best thing we had, can't remember what it was called!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I love this place! It's small (and can get busy and very noisy on the weekends - reserve a table outside if the weather is nice!), the staff are great, and the food is to die for. I love when we get visitors, because we always take them out here! Or for a birthday celebration, or for any other occasion I can manage to concoct :) Cocktails are delicious, deserts are yummy. All round, a gastronomic feast!

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with good Ethiopian food. We enjoyed the beef and chickpeas. Did not save room for dessert.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My niece took us out for an adventure and I will never be the same. What a wonderful, flavorful departure for my Euro-centric palate. Hands-on dining in the North African style...I was surprised at how easily I took to it. Service was exceptional and enthusiastic. I think our waitress enjoyed our experience as much as we did. The food is spicy and rich with flavor. If that worries you, they will lighten it up for you. A good list of Ethiopian beers that really pair well. Just enjoyable!