“Wonderful place to stay in downtown San Diego”
Review of Mudville Flats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mudville Flats
Ranked #6 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Wonderful place to stay in downtown San Diego”
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I stayed at Mudville Flats for a month. They offer first class amenities - the rooms are really beautifully decorated with a tasteful old-time baseball theme (but it's not overdone.) There is a nice outdoor BBQ and washer and dryer available on site, included in the price. We also had a covered parking spot across the street which is essential downtown! The location, the East Village, was perfect - you are within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants, and it's a short walk to the Gaslamp District, too. The owners are really friendly and helpful as well, and want to make your stay a great one. I would recommend this place to anyone without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2008
2 Thank uberkelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed December 19, 2008

It had been a while since I'd been to San Diego and a friend told me about this place. I stayed for 6 days and it was the perfect alternative to the normal hotel. It felt much more like my own downtown apartment than a plain room at the Hyatt or Marriott. The location was great, I'm amazed at how much the East Village has grown. It was a two minute walk to anything I needed, restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks! I loved the fact that the room had a fully equipped kitchen so I could cook my own breakfast or re-heat leftovers from the night before. There was also a separate living room so my friends were able to come by and have a drink before we headed out downtown and it didn't feel like we were in a cramped hotel room. The fact that there was a yard behind the building made it pretty unique. I was able to read a book on the back patio in the sun and just relax. This is definitely my new hotel in San Diego and I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Room Size/ Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank amnellie77
San Diego
Reviewed December 19, 2008

This place is a gem. You will receive a bed and breakfast type of feel when you stay here. Almost a european type of feel. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up in the morning. Amazing plasma television and very secluded type of vibe in the room itself. The people that own the hotel are awesome Chicagoans that relocated to San Diego awhile back and obviously have a passion for their business of hospitality.

• Liked — The vibe of the hotel itself...very accomodating
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank espin1
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed at Mudville Flats in September of 2008. This was our second time to San Diego, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is located right down town in the Gas Lamp District. You can walk to everything you need. The baseball stadium is four blocks away which is completely wonderful. The rooms were beautiful. It was like a home a way from the from home. The owners are wonderful. They went out of their way to make sure that we had everything and more then we could dream of on our trip. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — the location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank grantxshell
los angeles
Reviewed November 18, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Mudville Flats for our anniversary. We didn't want the usual corportate hotel experience. We wanted a bed and breakfast feel with an upscale vibe. We had a nice suite and were very happy. The owners were there to provide us with club, restaurant and shopping suggestions. They also got us a reservation to Cowboy Steak, a very hip trendy steakhouse across the street which was impossible to get into. It was the perfect place for our anniversary.

The suite was well appointed and very romantic.

• Liked — Very romantic
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple