Mudville Flats
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Diego
See available hotels
Hotel Indogo(San Diego)
    • Breakfast included
    Andaz San Diego(San Diego)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Very Good 4/5
    • Breakfast included
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsfull kitchenbalboa parkwithin walking distancegaslamp districtbaseball themehelpful hostsclawfoot tubsitting areaboutique hotelsmall apartmentplenty of storagethe gas lamp districtthought of everythingmurphy bedparking garagethe location is perfectthe ground floor
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and I can't wait to go back.
    Mike and Linda are the perfect hosts, Linda took at least 30 minutes when we arrived to point out and how the cable, lights everything etc within the flat was operated.She also pointed out the best restaurants, attractions and highlights of the neighbourhood, you could tell she loved the area and wanted to make us feel at home too.

It really is the attention to details that made our stay special. The kitchen was well stocked with coffee, tea, milk etc. Maps, take-out menus, quality toiletries and even ear plugs were provided.

I really liked having the kitchen area available, it was well stocked enough you could prepare a mulit-course meal , although we only used it for making breakfast and preparing lunch to take to the zoo.
    The location is wonderful, a short walk to everything but not touristy, there is a grocery store right down the street, parking is very safe and secure across the street.

I am incredibly happy we chose Mudville flats, the parking was included rather than $40 a day at some of the other hotels, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the area was quiet at night unlike around most of the hotels we looked at in the Gaslamp area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank paper_bag_princess1
    Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I came to San Diego for a conference and although the conference attendees were staying @ the Hilton by the water--we chose to stay at Mudville Flats!! We have stayed here on two other occasions and we are happier with each visit. Nothing can beat the hospitality shown by Linda and Mike. They are always so helpful and friendly. I feel an instant comfort when I walk in the doors of the beautiful "home like" suites. The beds are the best and the rooms are so comfortable. A fully equipped kitchen and a perfect sun porch to catch up on some R&R.
    Everything is within walking distance- great restaurants, wonderful food and perfect places in the Gaslamp Quarter to enjoy a beer and people watch along with great shopping.
    They even offer a discount to go to a great gym about 3 blocks away-which I didn't get to visit because I couldn't get enough of just going for morning runs along the waterfront and downtown San Diego.
    I could go on for hours describing this awesome place but I hope if I can convince one person from my review to give this place a try - you will not regret your stay there and I'd be proud. I miss Mudville Flats already and the genuine compassion of the owners. Thank you so much Linda and Mike!!! We will be back to stay again and relax in your lovely home and continue to explore the awesome city of San Diego.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
    3  Thank kiawahgirl
    Reviewed October 2, 2013

This past Sunday and Monday my wife and I stayed here as the last leg of our San Fran to San Diego coastal highway trip. Mudville flats is a home away from home. The flat was extremely clean and on arrival Linda not only gave us a great orientation to Mudville and San Diego but it was obvious how much pride she took on offering such a great place to stay. Mudville Flats is in the heart of the city and you can walk almost anywhere or walk a few blocks to catch the trolley that will take you to all of the parts of the city you need to see. As mentioned in other reviews there is off street parking less than a block away. You will park your car and not need it until you leave. Everything you would need in the flat is well thought out and the wireless internet is easy to connect to and very fast. If you are planning a trip to San Diego Stay at the Mudville Flats, you will not want to stay anywhere else when visiting San Diego. The owners are extremely helpful but they are never in your way. They make you feel very welcome and relaxed. After saying your goodbyes to Linda, the one thing that will keep coming back to your mind was how warm, friendly and clean the Mudville flats were.

2  Thank Janitzki
    Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week in San Diego where we stayed at Mudville Flats, a lovely boutique hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter. This was so much more than a hotel room! It is owned and operated by Mike and Linda, who are so friendly and helpful and exude pride in their place. We really felt more like a guest in their home than a customer. Linda drove me to the San Diego Zoo one morning and then to the airport for our flight home. They were attentive to our every need without being bothersome.

Mudville Flats has three apartments. We stayed in Apt. D which had a large living/bedroom, well-stocked kitchen and bathroom as well as an outside deck overlooking a beautiful and peaceful courtyard where I spent a lot of time enjoying the gorgeous weather with my coffee and book. We are baseball fans, so we enjoyed the baseball motif but it was blended beautifully with Linda's feminine touch...a water garden in the courtyard in the shape of a baseball bat!!! The hummingbirds loved it too! While we were there, Mike and Linda learned that Mudville Flats was named one of the "24 Coolest Small Businesses in San Diego" by Business Insider... See www.businessinsider.com/coolest-smallbusinesses.

The location was perfect for walking to Petco Park to watch a game, to any type of restaurant you could possibly want, as well as to great shopping. I even enjoyed a walk down to Seaport Village on a gorgeous afternoon to watch the sailboats and the people. If you have a car, a FREE parking space is provided in a garage across the street...no small thing. Parking at most hotels can be very pricey! One of my pet peeves when staying in hotels and B&Bs is the lack of adequate reading light. I thought that would be a problem here...until I spotted the floor lamp in the corner with 3 adjustable lights...it's the "little things"!

I have already sent Mudville Flats info to many of my traveling family and friends. We highly recommend it and look forward to staying there again. Thanks Linda and Mike for making this such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: There is no elevator to second floor so if walking is a problem, choose an apartment on the first floor.
    3  Thank KYWildcat71
    Reviewed September 13, 2013

Traveled from Hawaii to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday in San Diego. Wanted to make this milestone birthday very special and memorable. The moment we walked into our beautiful suite at Mudville Flats, amazing Linda overwhelmed and surprised Garry with a birthday cake and card! I knew immediately I was exactly right to select Mudville Flats from reading all the great reviews on-line. Linda set the tone for what turned out to be a fantastic birthday celebration and visit to one of our favorite cities. Mike and Linda provides very clean, comfortable suites and all the amenities you will ever need. We loved staying in the street level, Suite A. No hotel provides such an energetic and sincere welcome and all the extraordinary special touches that Mike and Linda gives upon your arrival and throughout your entire stay. I totally agree with all the other wonderful reviews/descriptions of Mudville Flats so will not repeat it here. I even went to the Nail Spa up the street that Linda recommended to get a manicure/pedicure and even that was a great experience! We have stayed at many, many B&B's during our travels and Mudville Flats is at the top of our list! HIGHLY recommend staying here whenever you visit San Diego. Mahalo (thank you) Linda and Mike for making our stay and Garry's birthday so very special and memorable. We will be back! Warmest Aloha!

3  Thank kaidixon
    mudvillemike, Owner at Mudville Flats, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Aloha! You were wonderful guests. Thank you for such a positive review. We hope to see you again.