“And yet--another great stay!!”
Review of Mudville Flats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mudville Flats
Ranked #6 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
South Carolina
“And yet--another great stay!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I came to San Diego for a conference and although the conference attendees were staying @ the Hilton by the water--we chose to stay at Mudville Flats!! We have stayed here on two other occasions and we are happier with each visit. Nothing can beat the hospitality shown by Linda and Mike. They are always so helpful and friendly. I feel an instant comfort when I walk in the doors of the beautiful "home like" suites. The beds are the best and the rooms are so comfortable. A fully equipped kitchen and a perfect sun porch to catch up on some R&R.
Everything is within walking distance- great restaurants, wonderful food and perfect places in the Gaslamp Quarter to enjoy a beer and people watch along with great shopping.
They even offer a discount to go to a great gym about 3 blocks away-which I didn't get to visit because I couldn't get enough of just going for morning runs along the waterfront and downtown San Diego.
I could go on for hours describing this awesome place but I hope if I can convince one person from my review to give this place a try - you will not regret your stay there and I'd be proud. I miss Mudville Flats already and the genuine compassion of the owners. Thank you so much Linda and Mike!!! We will be back to stay again and relax in your lovely home and continue to explore the awesome city of San Diego.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank kiawahgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This past Sunday and Monday my wife and I stayed here as the last leg of our San Fran to San Diego coastal highway trip. Mudville flats is a home away from home. The flat was extremely clean and on arrival Linda not only gave us a great orientation to Mudville and San Diego but it was obvious how much pride she took on offering such a great place to stay. Mudville Flats is in the heart of the city and you can walk almost anywhere or walk a few blocks to catch the trolley that will take you to all of the parts of the city you need to see. As mentioned in other reviews there is off street parking less than a block away. You will park your car and not need it until you leave. Everything you would need in the flat is well thought out and the wireless internet is easy to connect to and very fast. If you are planning a trip to San Diego Stay at the Mudville Flats, you will not want to stay anywhere else when visiting San Diego. The owners are extremely helpful but they are never in your way. They make you feel very welcome and relaxed. After saying your goodbyes to Linda, the one thing that will keep coming back to your mind was how warm, friendly and clean the Mudville flats were.

2 Thank Janitzki
Kentucky
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week in San Diego where we stayed at Mudville Flats, a lovely boutique hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter. This was so much more than a hotel room! It is owned and operated by Mike and Linda, who are so friendly and helpful and exude pride in their place. We really felt more like a guest in their home than a customer. Linda drove me to the San Diego Zoo one morning and then to the airport for our flight home. They were attentive to our every need without being bothersome.

Mudville Flats has three apartments. We stayed in Apt. D which had a large living/bedroom, well-stocked kitchen and bathroom as well as an outside deck overlooking a beautiful and peaceful courtyard where I spent a lot of time enjoying the gorgeous weather with my coffee and book. We are baseball fans, so we enjoyed the baseball motif but it was blended beautifully with Linda's feminine touch...a water garden in the courtyard in the shape of a baseball bat!!! The hummingbirds loved it too! While we were there, Mike and Linda learned that Mudville Flats was named one of the "24 Coolest Small Businesses in San Diego" by Business Insider... See www.businessinsider.com/coolest-smallbusinesses.

The location was perfect for walking to Petco Park to watch a game, to any type of restaurant you could possibly want, as well as to great shopping. I even enjoyed a walk down to Seaport Village on a gorgeous afternoon to watch the sailboats and the people. If you have a car, a FREE parking space is provided in a garage across the street...no small thing. Parking at most hotels can be very pricey! One of my pet peeves when staying in hotels and B&Bs is the lack of adequate reading light. I thought that would be a problem here...until I spotted the floor lamp in the corner with 3 adjustable lights...it's the "little things"!

I have already sent Mudville Flats info to many of my traveling family and friends. We highly recommend it and look forward to staying there again. Thanks Linda and Mike for making this such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: There is no elevator to second floor so if walking is a problem, choose an apartment on the first fl...
3 Thank KYWildcat71
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Traveled from Hawaii to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday in San Diego. Wanted to make this milestone birthday very special and memorable. The moment we walked into our beautiful suite at Mudville Flats, amazing Linda overwhelmed and surprised Garry with a birthday cake and card! I knew immediately I was exactly right to select Mudville Flats from reading all the great reviews on-line. Linda set the tone for what turned out to be a fantastic birthday celebration and visit to one of our favorite cities. Mike and Linda provides very clean, comfortable suites and all the amenities you will ever need. We loved staying in the street level, Suite A. No hotel provides such an energetic and sincere welcome and all the extraordinary special touches that Mike and Linda gives upon your arrival and throughout your entire stay. I totally agree with all the other wonderful reviews/descriptions of Mudville Flats so will not repeat it here. I even went to the Nail Spa up the street that Linda recommended to get a manicure/pedicure and even that was a great experience! We have stayed at many, many B&B's during our travels and Mudville Flats is at the top of our list! HIGHLY recommend staying here whenever you visit San Diego. Mahalo (thank you) Linda and Mike for making our stay and Garry's birthday so very special and memorable. We will be back! Warmest Aloha!

3 Thank kaidixon
mudvillemike, Owner at Mudville Flats, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Aloha! You were wonderful guests. Thank you for such a positive review. We hope to see you again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights and it was a fantastic experience. First of all, Linda couldn't have been more helpful. We checked in and she explained everything we needed to know about the hotel and the restaurants in the area. She even helped me park the car which didn't move from it's parking spot for the entire stay. There were plenty of pillows on the bed, towels in the bathroom, a fully-equipped kitchen with beautiful plates and bowls, filtered water in the fridge, beach towels handy, plenty of soaps, shampoo and conditioners, and even a toothbrush stand...all the little touches that you appreciate when you're away from home. Clean, comfortable, and welcoming. I don't think I've ever slept on a more comfortable bed, the mattress was large (king size) and heavenly.

Our trips goal was to take in a couple of the Padre/Mets games and the hotel was a nice walk from Petco Park. The were also wonderful restaurants that Linda recommended and she even had the menus from some of their favorite spots. The Gas Lamp district was a few streets up and a reasonable grocery store in the vicinity. Our room was on the second floor and it had a nice patio where we had breakfast in the mornings, you could even enjoy a nice glass of wine there in the evening if you so desired. There are only a few rooms and we thought that we were the only guests since it was so quiet. Linda and Mike are available 24 hours and make you feel like any little request is not a problem at all.

One thing I'd like to mention is the care and consideration Linda has for everyone that stays there. My fiancé left an article of clothing and after Linda discovered it had been left behind, she called us immediately. When we spoke to her to arrange the retrieval, she offered to hand deliver it to our next hotel. Mind you, we were staying on Coronado and our hotel was a little out of the way to get to. The next day, Linda brought it all the way out to us and thought nothing of doing this for us. This kind of customer service is almost unheard of in this day and age, we never would have expected something so kind of her to do, but she thought nothing of it at all. She didn't want us to interrupt any part of our vacation! This speaks volumes about the type of people she and her husband are, they really do go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable and wanting to come back. You'll definitely want to return to this hidden treasure!

Nicole and David
Phoenix, AZ and San Diego, CA

3 Thank Nicole L
mudvillemike, Owner at Mudville Flats, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
It was our great pleasure to have you as our guests! You inspire us to be even better. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, we really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again.
Victoria BC
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose Mudville Flats for a first time stay in San Diego to celebrate an anniversary and enjoy a baseball game. Couldn't have found a better spot! The location was perfect for all our daily adventures, from people watching in the Gaslamp to the zoo to the bus to La Jolla. As well, Linda pointed us ( and drove us!) to a wonderful farmers market and gave us directions and advice for many other local attractions that helped us experience San Diego in a less touristy way. The room was huge, well stocked with anything you could possibly need, charming and very comfortable. This is like staying at a friends house rather than at a hotel, but it is also luxurious. The hosts are personable but unobtrusive and it is evident that they care a great deal about both their guests and their house. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. The back rooms are a little quieter
3 Thank LindaBrad
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope you come back and see us the next time you are in San Diego.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was a very nice place and Linda was more then helpful in regards to everything you could need. Was nice to not stay in a hotel and be this close to the stadium and the gas lamp district. Had bikes for use to ride around town had a nice little kitchen and the place was within a block from a little grocery store. Cooked on the grill outside one night. I have nothing even slightly negative to say.

2 Thank DeronA73
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!