“Suite Spot”
Review of Mudville Flats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mudville Flats
Ranked #6 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Jackson
“Suite Spot”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights, August 16-18, 2013. When we arrived we were greeted by Linda (the owner) she gave us the tour and our keys. Since she and her husband live in one of the 4 suites, she was available if we needed anything—we didn't, she had covered it all. The suite was amazing, just like the photos if not better. Our suite was in the back and very quite. My wife wished it would rain so she could justify staying in the room and reading, it was that comfortable. Of course, the weather was amazing so we walked to a Padres game. This was a very special trip for us and Mudville Flats made it even better. Linda and Mike were great hosts yet not in our business. You can tell they love this place.
I will stay here every time I'm in San Diego.
I think I should also say that I grew up in San Diego, lived in Pacific Beach and usually stay at the Pacific Shores Inn. It is a very nice hotel at around $450 to $650 a night. After staying at Mudville Flats, they will now be my first choice of a place to stay.
-Ron and Sheila
Jackson Hole, Wyoming

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ron R
mudvillemike, Owner at Mudville Flats, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We loved having you as our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was in town for 6 days for a convention and the best part by far was the stay at Mudville Flats. Mike and Linda couldn't have been nicer and they really bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed to entertain my employees. Since my laptop internet went on the fritz, they printed maps for me. The first night I was there Linda and her friend drove me to the nearest Catholic Church. They arranged sea Kayaking in LaJolla for my group, told me where to shop for the wine and cheese I needed for the small reception and allowed me late checkout since no one was checking in that day. We were visited in the cozy back yard by a hummingbird that Linda claims was Mike's dad....you can ask her about the story when you stay there. They have a discount at a super gym a couple of blocks away...I went every day and loved it. Maybe the best part was the peace and quiet of not being in a "convention hotel." I don't need a lounge full of noisy out-of-towners to have a good time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank John P
mudvillemike, Owner at Mudville Flats, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thanks John! You were a wonderful and inspiring guest. We were happy to accommodate you.Glad the kayaking was a hit with your co-workers.
Seattle, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We spent a week at Mudville Flats and were very comfortable and extremely well taken care of. This isn't so much a room as a large suite, with a full kitchen, a bedroom, sitting room with desk, and bathroom. The furnishings were high quality, some antiques, no generic hotel/motel stuff here - a very welcoming, cozy place. We had our own terrace looking over a beautiful garden with bubbling fountains. Our hosts took very good care of us. Bikes are available to use; tickets for the ferry to Coronado Island are in a desk drawer (honor system, write down what you use and pay later). Whenever we needed anything, all we had to do was ask.

We were in town for a convention down by the civic center, which was a longer walk than I had figured on. It was fine but took me through the Gaslamp District mornings and evenings. Mornings were fine, but by 5:00 in the afternoon the streets were packed with people at restaurants well on their way to getting drunk. It wasn't my favorite environment. Thankfully, the hotel was beyond all that craziness. For the most part, things where we were stayed quiet.

It was pretty warm while we were there, in the 80s or up to 90 most days, and our window air conditioner stayed on the whole time. I could have done with a little more cool.

We rented a car from Enterprise, which uses the same garage as the hotel - it was very convenient. Getting onto and off the freeway was easy and it was easy to come and go. We went up to La Jolla two separate times, out to Balboa Park, and around to some of San Diego's great neighborhoods - all very simple from this excellent location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First trip to San Diego and we're in love. Mudville Flats is in the middle of a charming neighborhood with low-key local restaurants, awesome burger joints, fusion restaurants, plenty of walkable small bars, a charming corner grocery store, people who are happy and the weather is perfect (July & 65-70 degrees).

Our can't miss list for our next visit:
- Mudville Flats
- USS Midland (we spent 3 hours and could've spent two days)
- more time on the coast
- a day of unplanned exploring on foot

Start at Mudville and everything else falls into place.

Room Tip: Call early - this place is likely to have a huge following and I bet rooms will be scooped up quickl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Darby J
Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Venturing out on my own, this was a great place to stay .I felt very safe.The craftsman style were charming and the fact you have a sitting room and functioning kitchen made it feel homey. The room comes with a garage parking space at no extra charge which is a rarity when looking for a room in San Diego! You really don't need a car though. The location is perfect,walking distance from Petco Park, Gaslamp Quarter,Seaport village and the ferry to Coronado. You can catch a trolley, bus or a taxi to get anywhere else.There are restaurants galore in the area, several drug stores a couple of grocery stores and Horton Plaza( shopping mall) all within walking distance as well, Linda was great.She gave the lay of the place, showed me how to get around and was there to help with any questions I had. I would recommend Mudville to anyone that is coming to San Diego!! Can't say enough good things about the place. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Deb M
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The owners are so friendly and helpful! They gave us advice on where to go in the neighborhood and things to do. The rooms are full of charm and character! A fully furnished kitchen which we didn't use because there are so many good restaurants in the area. We went to a baseball game at Petco Park only a few short blocks down the road.
We can't wait until we can go back for another stay.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Nicole C
West Orange, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Linda and Mike the Owner/Innkeepers are so accommodating, so hospitable and you can just tell genuinely good people you'll want extend your stay or come back again, soon. Great location within the heart of the Gaslamp District, just blocks away from the SD Padres ballpark and all the hot spots San Diego has to offer. Book your room now! You will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: The back room where I stayed with my girl was great. Its the one shown on their website. Quieter roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple