“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mudville Flats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mudville Flats
You added Mudville Flats to your Saves list
747 Tenth Ave., C, San Diego, CA 92101   |
Ranked #3 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for a week in Apartment B and it was one of the best decisions I had made. Mike and Linda were great hosts. I had no cell phone and she leant me hers for my entire stay which I was not expecting and I am grateful for that as it was my first visit to San Diego by myself and I was a bit apprehensive as I did not know what to expect accommodation and transport wise as I would be relying on public transportation. No worries there as what was shown in photos on their website is what you get and I didn't need to worry about how to get around using public transport as there is a bus stop right across the street from there place which can take you to the trolly and bus transit center on 12th and Imperial Street which is also incidentally right across from Petco Park. A grocery store is are about 5 minutes walk away and CHEAP. This place is ideal for a base to explore San Diego especially as it is already in downtown and central to everything as well. I do know the next time I do visit San Diego, Mudville Flats will be my first choice for a place to stay again. Thank you Mike and Linda for everything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Vee77

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Mudville Flats for her birthday weekend. Honestly, I can't think of anyway that our experience could have been better. It was truly awesome!!

We didn't meet Mike but Linda was very friendly, inviting, and helpful. She has many recommendations for dining and activities. We stayed in Flat A and it was warm and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was cool....especially the claw foot tub. The inn is walking distance from many awesome restaurants in the Gas Lamp district. We took full advantage of the location.

I really can't recommend Mudville Flats enough. We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Flat A. I think there is one other flat on the first floor and then one more on the se...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TahoeMick
williamsburg, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Linda and Mike were wonderful hosts. We stayed 2 nights in Room B, and it was extremely comfortable. Arriving about 10:30 on Sunday morning, we asked Linda for a recommendation for brunch. She walked us the couple of blocks to 2 places, and because of a wait recommended a coffee house that had live music and outstanding brunch, at a reasonable price ($10 Mimosa pitchers!). We were withing walking distance of downtown, the water taxi to Coronado, and the Gaslamp District, as well as restaurants within the East Village.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vaadvisor
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Linda and Mike turned a stressful week into a wonderful stay during my trip to San Diego for a Conference at the San Diego Convention Center. The bed in the front Flat was like sleeping on a cloud!

The location worked out well and I really enjoyed the walk to the Convention Center each morning. Right along the way, there were places to grab a great cup of coffee and a light breakfast. If you prefer to make your meals in the fully stocked kitchen yourself, there's a grocery store a short block and a half away.

When I had some extra time, I loved their recommendations for a delicious breakfast at Café Chloe and Zanzibar Café just a couple of blocks away.

They are both gracious hosts and I won't hesitate to book my stay during next years conference with them.

Room Tip: The front room had it's own private entrance and an enclosed patio. The room faces a realitively...
3 Thank Dennis K
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'm an author, and I've been attending Comic-Con as a panelist for the past 3 years. I'm also a business traveler, so I know what to expect from 4 and 5 star hotels. I've been hugely disappointed by how the hotels in San Diego treat Comic-Con attendees, particularly for the amount of money being charged, so decided to try to find lodgings separately -- AND I'M SO GLAD I DID.

Mudville Flats has the charm of a B&B with the autonomy of a condo. The room we were in, the smallest of the 3 available, was at least double the size of the hotel rooms we've had. It's an easy walk to the Convention Center, the Gaslamp District, and the ballpark, easy on and off the freeways, and with a full kitchen, secured, covered parking, and wifi all INCLUDED in the price, it's a deal. The owners, Linda and Mike, live on site, and are lovely people, eager to ensure their guests have a great stay. We booked our room for Comic-Con 2013 before we left, and Mudville Flats will be the 1st place I check whenever we're coming into San Diego for any other stay.

Downsides: the bathroom in our unit was small, but easy to use and fully equipped. However, if you're a very wide person, it would probably be uncomfortable and difficult to use.

Amenities: Patios and decks; BBQ grill on communal courtyard; full kitchen, with all cookware, utensils, flatware, and plates provided; wide screen TV w/free cable; hair dryer; shampoo, conditioner, lotion; free wifi; free secured, covered parking; grocery stores 1 and 5 blocks away; Gaslamp 3 blocks away; walking distance to Convention Center and ballpark; plenty of towels, including beach towels; king-sized, comfy beds; good A/C units and fans; sofabed couch; washer & dryer (extra charge for use, but nice to have available in case of emergency).

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms; we stayed in D this time, will be in B next year. D is the smallest (still at least do...
4 Thank JeanneTGC
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here recently on a short trip to San Diego from the UK. We couldn't recommend Mudville Flats enough - a little oasis right near the Gaslamp district and all of its bars and restaurants. Mike and Linda couldn't have been more accommodating (they even stocked our fridge with some local beer to try!). We had free parking across the street and it was a great base to explore the city. There was also a great terrace from our room (Flat A) where we watched the sunrise from each morning whilst combatting jetlag! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank city79
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are looking for an alternative to the "big box" chains and cookie cutter rooms, then check out Mudville Flats Boutique Hotel, an outstanding bargain and fun place to stay in San Diego! The hosts are extraordinarily friendly, and the rooms are clean and spacious with many small touches that make it feel like home. It is within walking distance of the Convention Center and area attractions. We had three in our room (king size bed and queen sleeper sofa), and we still had PLENTY of space for all. After a long day of meetings, the sanctuary of a homey suite was heavenly! (If you are an architectural buff, you'll really enjoy the craftsman bungalow features of this hotel!)

5 Thank Jumpinjayhawk