“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #61 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
United States
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Del Mar, CA was a wonderful experience. My family was there for a wedding and we stayed 5 nights. Everything we requested such as, adjoining rooms, cribs, refrigerator, extra towels, etc., we promptly received. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The front desk to the cleaning staff were friendly, helpful, polite and very professional. And lets not forget about the warm cookies. Those alone are worth the stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ventura, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our group stayed here and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff went above and beyond to accommodate us with all we needed. The hotel is beautiful and had a shuttle that we took several times, and they were always prompt in pickup. Very friendly and helpful staff, really go out of their way to meet your needs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

San Jose, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel room was clean and neat which is expected of a Hilton property. My family enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub because the weather in San Diego tends to be nice most of the year. The parking spaces were some of the smallest I have experienced at any hotel it reminded me of parking spaces in NYC or Sao Paulo where there is never enough space to park a car so they make the spaces only wide enough for a Mini or smart car.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for three days to celebrate his birthday. Upon our arrival we were greeted by two lovely ladies, Diana and Danielle, with bright smiles. Diana and Danielle were very helpful when checking-in, they asked us the reason we were staying and where we were coming from. Once I told them we were celebrating a birthday, the ladies immediately started to ask the birthday plans.

About two hours after getting situated in our rooms, we received a welcoming card with breakfast buffet vouchers for our entire stay! The following day we received a birthday card and a basket of fruit! That was very thoughtful of the young ladies.

The service we received was EXCELLENT! Breakfast was hot and delicious, the room was clean and welcoming, the housekeeping employees were nice and the front desk was great.
My fiancé and I enjoyed our stay and plan to visit the Doubletree again!

Thank you so much Diana and Danielle!!!

Love Vance and Simone

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor with a pool view. This floor was quiet and the view was amazing from the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simone B
Torrance, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and I cannot say enough nice things about my experience. Every person I had contact with was polite, friendly, and go-out-of-their-way helpful. Particularly Maria Elena, at the front desk. I found myself at 10:00 pm in a bad predicament. I had a presentation to give early the next morning, I was running low on sleep, and I had left a stack of printed handouts on my desk at home, over 100 miles away. I asked Maria Elena for directions to the nearest 24 hour printing shop, but instead she offered to print off the handouts right there at the front desk for free. That was 120 pages! She not only saved me the hassle of driving around late at night in an unfamiliar area and the cost of reprinting handouts, she saved me a lot of sleep and frustration. I can't wait to have business in the area again because I will certainly be staying at the Del Mar Doubletree! Why go anywhere else?

Room Tip: I had a junior suite and it was perfect. Spacious, well appointed, and clean. Plenty of room to ge...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thousand Oaks, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were welcomed as a Hilton customer by the desk clerk and given a room inspite of an early arrival. The room was large and clean. We departed and returned that afternoon with our grand daughter who really enjoyed the lovely swimmingpool. Later on, we returned for a good night's sleep on the wonderfully comfortable mattress. Our two night stay was just what we had expected from the Doubletree brand.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Orange, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Having stayed at a DoubleTree before we expected this property to be able to stand up to the same expectations. Sadly, it did not. The first issue was when they gave us a king room when I reserved a 2 queen bed room. When I went down to the front desk to resolve this they insisted I had reserved a king room and they did not relent until I showed them my reservation. They then went on to complain that the hotel was booked and they were not sure they would be able to help me. We finally were given a room with 2 queen beds. Second was the simple task of asking for some "coffee pods" for the in room coffee maker. Apparently they do not keep these at the front desk they have to have someone bring them to the room. By the way, after 2 requests, this never happened. And finally, for our morning breakfast, the wait staff seemed less than willing to help us find a clean table so we offered to sit out on the patio, which was nice. They said they would bring us tableware and coffee, sadly this never happened either. Not the best experience and bad enough to not want to return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DelMarDoubleTree, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Eric,

I am very sorry for what you experienced throughout your stay. I appreciate your comments. Because of your comments I have stocked coffee pods at the front desk.

Also, I have shared your review with the team. This was a good training exercise regarding customer service.

Thank you for your feedback!

Ian Heffron
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar? Share your experiences!