“Bedbugs/Cockroaches” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Friendship Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Friendship Hotel
Ranked #246 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Bedbugs/Cockroaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

so, I have now been here almost two weeks. Here is EXACTLY what I have gone through. The first night I was here, I was sleeping and my bed fell through the floor. I wrote a review, the next day they came and moved me to an "upgraded room" which actually had a bathroom but the mold was so bad on the shower curtain I could not breathe, so I went and got some bleach and cleaned it off. I stayed in that room until the next week, then they moved me back to the room after they fixed the floor. The smell that comes from this room is only what I can describe as a "dog dying of cancer". The carpet is most likely the ORIGINAL carpeting and has water damage on the sides (probably because the bathroom is directly on the other side of the wall). I have woken up to cockroaches crawling on my bed as well as bedbugs (which I have pictures of) and now I have to find a way to spray all my clothes and luggage when I move out. I have been here two weeks and am HIGHLY glad I am leaving on tuesday. I do however feel sorry for people that have nowhere else to go and have to stay here because in the two weeks I have been here, I have developed pnemonia. My fridge has gone out and spoiled the little amount of food that I am able to keep in my fridge and I fear everyday I have left waking up to bedbug bites or cockroaches crawling in my ears and laying eggs in me while I sleep. I wish i had a review telling it all before moving here because I would have moved straight into a homeless shelter before wasting 175/week to live here. I also think the staff should have been straight forward in letting me know of possible bedbug contamination and cockroach problems. It is obvious they are aware because there are roach baits in both of the rooms that I have been in. Shame on you for not bieng honest with me from the get go. I also looked the place up on the BBB, got the registered owners name and facebooked him on the problems I am going through and have not had a response. This is what I have gone through

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
37 Thank iwantamanokay

Families
Business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

You have to have an earring and look all casual and sloppy to get in. don't show up all dressed up and looking proffesional and being courteous, because they will acccomidate someone who inquired after you first. it seems you have to look like a bum to get in there. It looks llike a dump from outside and it has bed bugs. I met up with the owner in the parking lot and he is a real peice of work.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
18 Thank skreebsnoop

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

If you're idea of a temporary place to stay is the Westin or Oakwood Corporate Suites, do not go here.
This is $29 bucks a week walk in - no reservations, no cheery staff ( would you be at these prices?) and bare bones sleep & shower place (shared bathrooms).
They used to allow people with dogs i don't know if that's changed. Not a lot of pet places available at this price in such a nice 'hood.

Never had a bed bug problem but if you are the least bit cognizant of this is do the customary check over before handing over the cash. IF it's busy you might lose out but remain FIRM on this point.

It beats the HOSTEL alternative.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank aajr26
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

I was greeted quickly and professionally. Invited to inspect my room first. Beautiful tile at the entry way. Requires a deposit. Very inexpensive. No private bathrooms, may have to wait. No parking available-street parking only. Can't beat the price, nice t.v., free HBO, fridge and microwave, dresser. All the bare essentials. quiet and private. nothing fancy. Drugstore right around the corner. Secure. Nobody can enter without a key to the building and washers available! This is the place to rondevou without wasting time, gas and money!

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — the room doors are a little raggedy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
5 Thank jestchilln
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2006

Centrally located in Hillcrest, very affordable, professional and friendly staff, secured access for safety, clean, and friendly. My stay was a wonderful and enriching experience. Small rooms but they provide the essentials.

• Stayed July 1999
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2003

FRIENDSHIP HOTEL ON 8TH AVE IN SAN DIEGO. a truly frightening combination of poor service, obnoxios personel, and all around horror.

31 Thank A TripAdvisor Member