“simple but clean, quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
Ranked #225 of 282 Hotels in San Diego
Danbury, Connecticut
“simple but clean, quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

efficient and cost-effective, familiar place to stay...... no big frills but not expected either. Have stayed at similar in other states and always been satisfied. For this one you'll need a map to locate but not a problem. Close to Fashion Valley mall, Balboa Park, Hillcrest, PB etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
James - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our location was convenient to different establishments in the area, including Fashion Valley Mall and Balboa Park. As well, I am glad that you liked your room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a two night stay at the hotel which was on a very good location since it was about 6 miles away from San Diego Zoo and Sea World - the places that I wanted to visit. The room was a bit smaller than the other Extended Stay hotels that I had visited earlier. There were light bulbs missing in two of the lamps and the bathroom door wouldn't lock. Since I was using the hotels just to spend the nights, these things did not really matter. The bed was a bit hard to my liking. The stay could have been better, but that's what you get at the cost I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was perfect for the places you had to visit like SeaWorld and the Zoo. I am sorry you found our beds a bit hard for you and that some bulbs were missing; we will make sure those items are addressed with the staff.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was kind of scared after reading the reviews and had my daughter check it out first. For us, it was an ideal location, just up the street from where our daughter lives in Mission Valley.

Negatives
Clean Linens and Towels came with stray hairs. Kind of gross.
Mold around the tub caulking. An easy clean, not sure why it is not cleaned.
A little humid in the room.
Maids throw dirty linens over the balcony onto the bushes below. They stayed there most of the day.
Some stains on rugs.
Beds not very supportive.
Pillows- eh... I really like a good pillow. There wasn't much to them.

Positives
Location (for our purposes in Mission Valley)
Front desk staff - very helpful, great attitudes.
Close to shopping center for food. (We did not care for grab and go breakfast options.)
Free parking included.
Free WiFi - although very slow.

I do not think it was as bad as I anticipated, and certainly not the worst place I have stayed. I would stay again simply because we could not beat the location. If you want luxury, top notch rooms or views go elsewhere. This would be a purely practical choice with room for improvement.

1 Thank thesuburbangirl
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I want to thank you for the kind words about our front desk staff and I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location. Yet, the items such as towels and linens, tub condition and the pillow and bed you described are not acceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to ensure we take the necessary steps to correct the areas we fell short.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mvl@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

extended stay America -san diego. was a great choice to stay in San Diego, given the locational advantage. The front office staff were excellent and provided email print outs, helped in the laundry room and any information one required.The room interiors are a little old however everything was functional and was fine. Housekeeping is provided onc ein 7days free of cost.Parking , wifi, laundry at $ per cycle of washing and drying respectively was good too.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were happy with our staff and the way they provided for you during your stay. Also, I am very happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and onsite laundry facilities.

Gunnison, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Front desk persons and Mr. Pavel were very friendly. Front desk was very attentive to our need for towels & replacement trash bags. Was dirty outside the room for the entire 5 day stay...trash was never picked up from walkways outside the rooms. Dust bunnies around edges in room & room did not have the 'clean' feel to it. My socks were black from the little bit of walking on the carpet in the room. Fridge had yuck inside near the front. We also had the understanding this was very near to Old Town and it was not. Bummed there was no pool. (My fault--didn't recall that from booking this months ago.) Will probably do something different next trip out!

Room Tip: Read all the reviews, not just 2-3 good ones and go with it! Ground floor would have been better as...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Thank you for the kind words about our front desk staff. Still, the housekeeping issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing with the housekeeping staff our cleaning standards and the importance of providing consistent service moving forward.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mvl@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love the service from.mr. Pavel. The front desk guy who serve us. He is very Friendly and professional . The place is very quite and clean. I give 5 star for this hotel. Thanks mr. Pavel. You are such a bless for us.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our front desk staff was able to assist you as needed during your stay, especially Pavel. I will be sure to share your comments and thanks with the entire team.

Mesa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Tiny room hard to deal with for family of 4, and no pool or balcony to escape to. Service was great, however...front desk very attentive to our needs for towels, etc. Location was great, but room just not as good as a hotel room would have been for similar cost. They did take our dog, which was the only reason we stayed here.

• 5 of 5 stars
Randy - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very happy to hear that our staff was so helpful and friendly to you during your visit. However, I am disheartened that you found our rooms to not be large enough for you and your family. Please know, we do offer various size rooms and some larger options at our sister property. In response to your feedback, we will ensure that the staff communicates this message to guests as they book a reservation and check-in to the hotel.