Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$267
$159
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Beachfront
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslong term stayhome away from homethe entire staffthe room was nicecomic confreewayratestradermicrowavelaptopstadiumsd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for a couple of days. We booked the hotel through third party and got a really great price. The room was neatly done, with a fully equipped kitchen if you would like to use it. The bathroom was clean and tidy. The location is great too, about 3-4 miles from downtown. Room service is available only if you stay more than 7 nights, although you could go to the front desk and ask for fresh towels as needed. Breakfast is included but is grab and go, so not many options. But with the price I got, we had no complains. Definitely recommend this place !!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SuryaPMishra
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Surya - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you and your Wife enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. As well, it is great to know that you liked our convenient location, close to downtown.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our bed was super hard the bathroom was kind of dusty I clean before we settle in there need to be a chair or two in the laundry room, the staff is friendly the hotel was close to all the places we went id stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you liked the location of our hotel. Still, I do apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room was not up to our standards. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this will be addressed.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's clean and it's very reasonably priced. Good quiet location with comfortable beds. It's a reasonable hotel. The room smelled a bit like industrial cleaner. A/C works well. It's good for the money, but it's not the best hotel you'll ever stay at either. WiFi is free... sorta. The free version is slowwwww and you can upgrade for a fee... come on - it's 2013 - free wifi should be standard at a hotel.

Keep in mind that it's an Extended Stay so you'll only get cleaning service 1x a week.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danma11

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found your room to be quiet and clean for such a great price. As well, I am happy that you found the bedding in your room to be comfortable. Still, are sorry for the WiFi not working properly during your stay. We will be looking into different ways we can speed up the connection for guests like yourself in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Over all the building has under gone some up dates, like the web site says, there's a kitchenette in every room with ample storage for snacks and food, the bathroom was clean, and spacious, free Wi-Fi (as long as you're not using it for anything important), pet friendly - but the down side, is that apparently, there are some riff raffy people staying there, that seem to think it's ok to steal things out of your car. The location is great, easy access to freeways, ample shopping near by, not a sketchy place you would expect something like that to happen. It does not have a pool or a work out room but it does have a laundry room and a Costco shopped for "Grab and Go" breakfast station-but your probably better off making some instant oatmeal and coffee back at the room because there's no variety to what's offered and it's all prepackaged junk food.
The rates really are not that great unless you book though an online travel deal site. Your better off staying at one of the sister locations in San Diego - like Carlsbad where I'm told they have a pool and a gym, or even just shopping other locations in Mission Valley.
I really wanted to give this place a higher score but because of my missfortune I can only rate it poor to ok- the rates are too high for what they don't offer, and they can't even put up a couple security cameras out in the lot to ensure safety to the people staying there but they can have unreasonably high rates and allow all the sleazy tweekers to hold up shop.
Apparently a small hidden out of sight bag, with 2 dumbbells and a sweaty towel are a huge score.
So for that - I give this place a thumbs down.

Room Tip: Do not bring- your children unless you want to bore them to tears- Your girlfriend unless you want to pimp her out -Your wife unless you want her to leave you - Or your best friend unless you want to over dose together.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the updated amenities we now offer due to a recent renovation and your clean, spacious room. Still, I am sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate incident while staying at our hotel. Since guest safety is such a high priority for us, I am making sure the staff is retrained in security measures and are more aware of happenings throughout the hotel so we can provide a comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mvl@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bath tub had a bad leak the AC was horrible and on top of the bad odor the room stayed stuffy. When I informed the staff they did nothing and I told them after check in and at check out. Not even an apology. I hate to be the one leaving a bad review but this was bad

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness and lack of repairs made in your room. As well, I apologize that our staff did not respond properly to your requests for assistance. In response to your comments, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward. Plus, I will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff on how to improve our cleaning as well as repair policies so that a situation like yours is not repeated.