Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
$329
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$231
$232
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewslong term stayhome away from homethe entire staffthe room was nicecomic confreewayratestradermicrowavelaptopstadiumsd
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have stayed at several Extended Stay America properties in the past because we like the suite layout with the kitchen and it's reasonably priced. The big difference we have found at this location is the extremely friendly and helpful staff, on all of the shifts. We have family in San Diego and it's very pleasant to visit them but it's nice to be able to come back to a comfortable, clean and convenient 'place of own' in a nice centrally located area.The property and the rooms are well cared for. Looking forward to going back in April when our next granddaughter will "arrive"!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that we are able to provide a home away from home while you are visiting relatives in San Diego. We look forward to welcoming you back in April when your granddaughter "arrives"! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in April!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have family in San Diego with young grandchildren, so we visit as often as possible. We found this "new home" several trips ago and do so look forward to returning. The property is well placed and very well maintained. The footprint of the suite is very efficient and it is very clean. But most important is the hospitality of the staff. We will return to our "home away from home" as soon as we are able!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of your stay with us. We take a lot pride when you call us "your home away from home". I'm so pleased to hear that the hospitality of the staff is what earned that statement from you. We sincerely look forward to seeing you next time you visit your family in San Diego. Again, thank you very much for the incredibly nice comments.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Overall my stay was very comfortable while visiting family. Will return and recommend. Everything thing was near like restaurants and groceries very convienient . Love the area ,lots to do. All the employees that worked at the hotel were very helpful and very informative.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank ponilious
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our associates were helpful during you stay and that they were able to provide information on the local area. Thank you choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff is very professional and friendly. The room and ground is clean and well maintained. Would definitely recommend this place especially if you are staying for awhile as there is a kitchen and very centrally located. No complaints from me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 129KCC

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an excellent review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you would recommend our property to other travellers. Additionally, it's great to hear that the associates were friendly during your stay. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We chose this property because of the location and because it has a kitchen, which is always good with a small child so we can feed him properly. Reservation and check in staff were helpful. But upon entering, the room smelled musty and after two nights, every time I came in from outside, I felt stifled and could not wait to get out. The room is quite small when you have the sofa bed extended, basically a regular hotel room with kitchen facilities (no complaints on the kitchen, it includes a double burner, a pot and skillet and enough plates and utensils, and I am sure we could have gotten more if needed so it worked fine for a rotisserie chicken and veggies from nearby supermarket.) We left today and my neck and body aches and I am so tired from not getting a good night's sleep, mainly because of the horrible pillows, flat flat flat. My husband hated the sheets. A great or a bad bed can totally make or break your stay at any hotel. Overall not a great stay for the price, it ended up almost $100 per night with taxes, compared to regular hotels with good ratings but no kitchen for half that price this time of year. Coffee and breakfast items available in the lobby were appreciated.

Room Tip: I had been told a corner room was larger with a divider, but our corner room did not have that, maybe ask to see room selections before checking in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that our beds did not provide a quality night's sleep for you. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping department to improve our bedding. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me (James) directly, at jburpo@extendedstay.com or Amon at amurti@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.