“Great value, comfortable, nice rooms”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
Ranked #228 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Most of the Extended Stay hotels are very similar and predictable. The modern kitchenette is such a bonus for us. We bring our favorite drinks and snacks and really save money and feel at home by doing so. It is in a quiet location above the Ralph's shopping center, a bit of work to find it the first time, check google maps in detail if you are a first time user of this property. It was very clean and very reasonably priced. Most of the usual group discounts apply, so be sure to ask for them. Also joining their rewards club was smart because they don't flood me with emails, but a few times a year I get notices of additional discounts at all locations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fellow-Travelor
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you find our kitchens useful during your travels and that we were able to provide a clean and quiet room to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel has been recently updated, "Love the granite tops in kitchenette"! Hotel manager and staff are very friendly and always trying to make your stay a success. If you are in their area, I suggest giving them a chance to meet your needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the building are more convenient to parking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert D
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our recent renovation including the granite countertops. Additionally, thank you very much for the kind words regarding our management and staff, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget, and do not expect much, this is the place for you. You will get a low budget room, matress, bedding, carpeting, service, and a poor excuse for a breakfast (coffiee and a small, plastic wrapped danish or granola bar) on a cart across from the check in/out counter. Dont be surprised

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the quality of your stay was not acceptable specifically the service and quality of the room furnishings. In response to your feedback, I am have our management team look at the quality of carpet and change it where necessary, additionally, we will address service training immediately to improve upon the experience you had. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate yo letting us know about your expereice. I invite you to contact me at jburpo@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments that we can bring to our staff's attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed by myself and with my family and I have had a great experience. The rooms are very clean and the kitchenets are well stocked all you need is foof to cook. I would recomened Extended to everyone.

Room Tip: reserved ahead, they are very busy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was here for a week
This hotel is great if you are on a budget and just need a place to rest while you're traveling
The rooms basic and clean
Free parking
Good location: close to many Vons/Walmart/Dollar Tree/restaurants. If you like Japanese/Asian area this place is only 3 miles away.
Full fridge and Stove (no oven).
They give you some basic dishes and pots/pan
Free internet
Free breakfast (basic)
Good customer service
No gym
No pool
Very efficient, nothing fancy

Con: weak water pressure

So if you're a budget this is an excellence stay. Its not mean for recreation or anything. If you want something fancier and can afford it Residence Inn is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CloverIsSweet
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have stayed at various hotels, and this has been one of our worst stays. First, we had small snacks for our 2 daughters and when we opened the refrigerator we discovered it only blew WARM AIR (staff said we probably didn't have it turned to the coldest setting...we did). Second, there was NO toilet paper and towels in the bathroom (irritating because we had to go speak with the staff again). Lastly, as I pulled back the sheets to the bed I notice there was PET HAIR ALL OVER THE BLANKET!! We were completely disgusted. Since we have a toddler and a baby we did not want to stay, but it was 11 pm and had no other choice.

Staff tried to be friendly and apologized, but we could tell the night attendant was irritated. I even tried telling her the phone outside their office door didn't work and she didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy as well as on the company standards of professionalism.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Every time I have stayed at this hotel I get the best customer service from the front desk, to the maintenance crew, to the room cleaning service. There is always coffee in the rooms, breakfast. Basically its my home away from home because I have a full kitchen and all the amenities. PLUS!!! Its close to all the attractions, stadium, downtown, BEACHES, MALLS for my wife, and the best part... the price. I feel like this business is going to be around a long time with this formula they have created.

Good Job!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank eddie o
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.