All reviews budget hotel coffee maker free wifi smoking room pool area spacious room microwave
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Great place for the price. The room was a bit small but was clean and great for a place just to crash after a day at Sea World, the beach or other attraction. Was located very conveniently to all the places we wanted to visit. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Would definately consider this location again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I had a very good stay at the Loma Lodge. I travel for business extensively and spend 3 or 4 nights a month in a hotel room at company per diem expense, but in this case I was staying near my home while it was being termite tented. I looked for value and found it at Loma Lodge. It was a quiet comfortable stay that included all the room amenities I look for; refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, comfortable king size bed. Staff was friendly, location was walking distance to a Starbucks, restaurants, and a grocery store. I've passed the Loma Lodge business card around the office suggesting it for out of town guests that want to stay in San Diego within a budget.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I have driven by this hotel many times. The rates advertised on the sign outside always seemed fair, so now that I needed a place to stay, I thought I'd give it a try. Both the daily and weekly prices on the electronic sign were significantly higher once I went in and tried to get a room. I stayed one night at the higher rate. Hours after I checked in, the sign outside was still offering the lower price. The hotel is nice enough, but I won't be going back because of the false advertising. Don't like being fooled.

lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

In response to this recent review "the old bait & switch " is very untrue and not fair. Our sign had a rate of 1 bed $49.99 - When this guest came in we were sold out of rooms with one bed therefore he agreed to take the room with two beds for $59.99. It was also spring break time here in San Diego and much busier than usual. Overall he was happy with everything else except thinking he was over charged because sign said $49.99 but it was for one bed not two beds. If he would have asked for a discount we may have accommodated this guest. Please read all of our reviews We have alot of great ones. Thank You-- Brian Johannsen GM ABVI Loma Lodge

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at the America's Best Value Inn Loma Lodge while visiting my daughter who is stationed at MCRD. Parking lot is a little tight, but I was able to get a spot every night with no trouble. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable. I thought the niose from planes flying overhead would be problematic, but inside the room it wasn't bad at all. Put the A/C on fan only and it pretty much covered up the plane noise. As others have said, the rooms are small, but I'm not sure whay that matters. I was only in my room to shower and sleep anyway. Location is quite good, being about 3 minutes to MCRD (if you have someone graduating I would definately stay here), mayeb 3 minutes to Old Town, and 5-7 minutes to Mission Beach. All of these locations can be reached without needing to get on the freeway. The only issue I had was with the WiFi. On the second floor the signal was pretty spotty. I always managed to get connected, but sometimes it took a while. May have been just my particular room. I tried using my laptop down by the pool, but that didn't work either. There are much nicer motels closer to the beach, (at better than twice the price) but you can't beat Loma Lodge for the price!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2009

What a nice suprise, for the money you can't go wrong with this hotel , rooms were cozy with a nice king bed , also equiped with fridge and microwave , bathroom was very clean , staff was fery friendly. Great location to everything San Deigo has to offer , hope to get back there soon !

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple