All reviews rosecrans street front desk budget hotel an overnight stay small refrigerator sea world located close old town comic con rooms are clean hotel room walgreens freeway downtown uber
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019

ABVI Loma Lodge was home for one week while in San Diego. It's actually in a good location. Not too far from the airport and near shops and restaurants. Check in and check out went fine. I didn't do a lot of interaction with the staff, but when I did they were quite friendly. My room wasn't in a bad location. Back door leading to the pool which I didn't use, but it was nice. The room itself was OK. For one person, it was more than enough room. Fridge, microwave, TV, phone, coffee-maker, dresser and AC are included in the room. It did the trick for the week I was there. There are some things that could be improved though. Bathroom was clean, but there were some definite missed spots. Water pressure in the shower is not the best and sometimes it takes forever for the hot water to come out. The drain in the shower was loose. The lighting in the room can be better. 2 lamps in the main room were it. I think when I reserved the room there was a mention of a breakfast. Apparently it's been discontinued and now it's just Danishes. Overall, it's not a terrible place to stay, just don't go in with high expectations. If you're looking for simple, it works. Would I stay here again? Maybe. It depends on what I'm doing.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

I stayed here last week and it was the worst decision of my life!! the pictures are nothing like the actual hotel I checked in and I check right out they said they would refund me I never got a refund they lied they charge me almost $100 for a room I never stayed in and the management is horrible and mean and I would recommend this place to anyone I wouldn’t recommend it for my enemy I hated it it was disgusting and creepy just Erie everything about it was bad I repeat do not stay in this place you’re wasting your time or waste your money it’s nothing like the pictures that show it’s all false advertising

Trip type: Traveled with friends
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Dear Feebs,
It is very unfortunate to learn about your experience and perception of us during your last stay, and for that, we are very sorry. Please know that what we showcase on our official channels and partner sites is reflective of what we truly offer.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you believe a mistake was made on our behalf with regards to payment. If the charge was refunded, it could take several business days to reflect in your account. Your bank would have more information on that. Also know that reservations made through third-party booking sites, require contacting that partner site for a refund. Nonetheless, we'll speak to the staff to avoid any miscommunication moving forward.
We regret that you didn't experience the stay and hospitality that we aim to provide everyone whom we are lucky enough to serve. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

The place was really bad. Rooms are extra small. There is no room for suitcases, bags, clothes. Everything is dirty and smells badly. It seems like they never clean the rooms. Curtains have never been washed. Windows too. Towels are dirty and have black stains all over.
In the bathroom there is no place to put towels and clothes. No room for toiletries.
Staircase looks like a public restroom.

Room tip: Not sure there are good rooms.
Reviewed July 30, 2019

After leaving from another hotel who cancelled my reservation, I quickly googled hotels near by. Evelyn answered and said she has one room left and will hold it for me. I arrived and must admit I was turned off by the darkness of this place when pulling in but I needed to get my kid's to sleep and I was exhausted. She was in the middle of a shift change but never did I feel rushed. She explained the area being a Navy town and prime location with Sea World, Beaches and the Monument all within ten minutes. Daniel was a huge help with my children giving them juice and helping with my luggage. The staff is why I ended up staying 2 nights instead of just the 1 night as planned. I was able to park I'm front of my room which made it so easy to go back and forth. This little hotel is old but has charm. Daniel and Evelyn explained it's family owned and passed from generation. It's good to know I'm supporting a mom and pop businesses. If you're looking for a clean bed, good service and excellent location to explore San Diego then you can't go wrong. Phil's BBQ and many great food spots all within walking distance or quick drive. The wifi was a little slow and main service forgot to clean the room but other then that it was a good stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Last minute decision for me and my buddies. Hotel is in a weird area. First time in San Diego. Not a bad spot. Front desk dude was cool and sent us to a couple of great bars. Good luck in the Navy Tony!

Date of stay: July 2019