Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
  • Breakfast included
$329
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$422
$386
Hilton.com
Very Good 4/5
$209
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$251
$199
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$200
$184
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$186
$146
$298
$203
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrosecrans streetbudget hotelcoffee makerfree wifismoking roomextra towelspool areaspacious rooma wonderful staymicrowavecheckinmaidtrolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I have driven by this hotel many times. The rates advertised on the sign outside always seemed fair, so now that I needed a place to stay, I thought I'd give it a try. Both the daily and weekly prices on the electronic sign were significantly higher once I went in and tried to get a room. I stayed one night at the higher rate. Hours after I checked in, the sign outside was still offering the lower price. The hotel is nice enough, but I won't be going back because of the false advertising. Don't like being fooled.

lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

In response to this recent review "the old bait & switch " is very untrue and not fair. Our sign had a rate of 1 bed $49.99 - When this guest came in we were sold out of rooms with one bed therefore he agreed to take the room with two beds for $59.99. It was also spring break time here in San Diego and much busier than usual. Overall he was happy with everything else except thinking he was over charged because sign said $49.99 but it was for one bed not two beds. If he would have asked for a discount we may have accommodated this guest. Please read all of our reviews We have alot of great ones. Thank You-- Brian Johannsen GM ABVI Loma Lodge

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at the America's Best Value Inn Loma Lodge while visiting my daughter who is stationed at MCRD. Parking lot is a little tight, but I was able to get a spot every night with no trouble. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable. I thought the niose from planes flying overhead would be problematic, but inside the room it wasn't bad at all. Put the A/C on fan only and it pretty much covered up the plane noise. As others have said, the rooms are small, but I'm not sure whay that matters. I was only in my room to shower and sleep anyway. Location is quite good, being about 3 minutes to MCRD (if you have someone graduating I would definately stay here), mayeb 3 minutes to Old Town, and 5-7 minutes to Mission Beach. All of these locations can be reached without needing to get on the freeway. The only issue I had was with the WiFi. On the second floor the signal was pretty spotty. I always managed to get connected, but sometimes it took a while. May have been just my particular room. I tried using my laptop down by the pool, but that didn't work either. There are much nicer motels closer to the beach, (at better than twice the price) but you can't beat Loma Lodge for the price!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2009

What a nice suprise, for the money you can't go wrong with this hotel , rooms were cozy with a nice king bed , also equiped with fridge and microwave , bathroom was very clean , staff was fery friendly. Great location to everything San Deigo has to offer , hope to get back there soon !

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Have been staying at the hotel at least once a year for almost 30 years. It is close to everything you would want, airport, Sea World, Seaport Village, Sport Fishing and Zoo are all within 15 minutes. Easily access to multiple freeways. Shopping and dining within walking distance. This hotel has the best staff in town.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank trvlejnkie
Reviewed October 11, 2009

This is a cheap hotel and you will get what you pay for. The manager is rude, arrogant and unwilling provide quality service. I would never recommend this hotel unless you do not care about service and only care about having a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
8  Thank MidwestGypsy
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

As the GM of ABVI Loma Lodge-- This review is very false & is not fair to I & my staff who work very hard to keep our motel a 500 rated property thru America's Best Value Inn. I know we cannot please everyone & everyone has different opinions but please read the other reviews before counting us out when choosing a motel for your next stay in beautiful San Diego. We have an 85% thumbs up on trip advisor. Thank You -- Brian Johannsen-- General Manager