All reviews budget hotel coffee maker free wifi smoking room pool area spacious room microwave
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Our stay here was awful. We got you our room and it felt muggy. It felt like walking into fog. The hot water was inconsistent and there was a stain on the skirt of the bed. Not sure but it looked like blood. The next day we left and when we returned they had not cleaned our room. No one had even been in there. It was exactly the way we left it. I went to ask what happened and they said it wasn't on the chart to be cleaned. So they just asked us if we needed anything specific. I was pretty much done at this point and just asked for towels. Walls were basically pointless. We could hear people blowing their noses down the hall and hear entire conversations. Not worth the price.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Mary H,

We're incredibly disheartened to see that your stay was anything less than exceptional! Having joined the team just a couple months ago, I'm working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. As such, I take your feedback very seriously, and will be investigating each issue you've listed.

Reviewing the charts, I did see the room being serviced, so I would love to speak with you further about that! Our pricing, being amongst the most competitive in San Diego, has always been a hit with our guests, and a large factor in booking - we're again sorry to see that it wasn't what you were hoping for.

You'll be happy to know we investigated each and every bed skirt in the building and in storage over the last 48 hours and found no blood stains. I hope this puts your mind at ease. Stains such as those are unacceptable, and we're glad that none were discovered.

If you find yourself in the San Diego area again seeking lodging, please reach out directly - we would love the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here because it was within my budget. It was clean staff was welcoming. The room was decent good location for me as it was in the heart of my job. Everything was available microwave, Refrigerator, coffee pot the only negative is that the WiFi can be a little annoying it kept dropping mine. I would have re-booked it another night but the Price went up to over $100, which exceeds my budget.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Birds o,

Thank you for your positive review! Often times in our industry, guests only take the time to fill out a review when something wasn't to their liking. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay!

If in the area again and in need of accommodations, please don't hesitate to give us a call for a great room at a great rate!

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Quick stop due to a flight layover. Reserved a room with 2 beds online, got there and received a full size bed in a room that was pretty gross. Smelled like cigarettes and the bathroom was pretty gross. Night clerk was rude and seemed to be really put out for having to do his job. Trust me when I say, book somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Tricia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I opened an investigation in your stay, and did learn that you were assigned a King bed instead of the two Double Beds reserved, for that I apologize and would be happy to make amends! During my investigation, I noticed the room you were assigned had a new bed, brand new linens that came in earlier that day, and I was unable to locate an odor. I'd love to speak with you further to determine the breakdown here, as we strive to ensure each guests 100% satisfaction!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly!

Reviewed September 26, 2017

The manager was rude and demanded our passports from all who were staying at the accommodation. Although my credit card details confirmed our accommodation. Language barrier did not help when asking him some questions about the rooms. Otherwise told to leave. Our initial look at one of the rooms was dirty and smelt of smoke and outside the room you can smell drugs being smoked in or around the motel. We felt unsafe there. What was advertised as family room and have looked on the website, as one room with two double beds and another room with a double bed. But looking at the room on arrival, it was false advertising. So we were not happy at all and so did not stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

JonesForestry,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a review. My name is Stephen, and I'm the manager here at ABVI Loma Lodge. While I didn't get the opportunity to speak with you at check-in or during your stay, I would like to take this time to apologize for any confusion or misunderstandings. Our staff strives to provide a great experience, and I'm disheartened to see we let you down. We take all feedback seriously, and I can assure you I am looking in to the issues you encountered. We'd love it if you gave us the opportunity to serve you in the future, as we truly value your business.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

first they sent me to a room that was being worked on , so i had to return to the front dest to get another room. originally asked for a ground level room due to the fact we had a handicapped person with us, so we got moved to a room on the second level and no elevator so you can imagine the trouble there. after the first night the room was not made up had no clean towels and once again had to go to the front desk

Room Tip: fix the beds. 2 of the 3 beds really squeaked if you made any movement
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Neal S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

We Sincerely apologize for the Inconvenience. Due to Summer, we have been sold out for the past few months and therefore, may not have been able to assign you the requested Room. However, our Housekeeping does provide daily Service and we are sorry that your Room was not made up. Obviously, we have to improve in this area of our Hotel operation. Thank you for your Feedback and for Staying with us. Best Regards.