“Trip to visit my daughter.”

Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
Ranked #209 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
usnzt84
“Trip to visit my daughter.”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

During my trip to visit my daughter in California, I searched for many hotels, this was by far the cheapest most covienient one around.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank usnzt84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Hi,
I feel I was too harsh when I posted a review concerning the Loma Lodge. While I didn't like that the manager wouldn't change the credit card to my own account--he said it had already gone through and that he couldn't issue a refund and recharge it. That disturbed me, but other than this, the room was pretty clean and so was the pool area. However, we waited until ten o'clock in the morning to swim and after we got in the pool five minutes a pool cleaner showed up and told us we had to get out. We asked him if he would give us at least ten minutes for the kids to swim. He did, but this was rather disturbing also as we had to check out by 11:30 a.m. Oh well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
lomakid, GM at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
The pool hours are posted up and are regulated by the City of San Diego. Failure to abide by them could result in a fine to Loma Lodge. Also there are guests that reside along the pool area rooms and are alseep . As for the credit card not being reversed is we are a smal motel independent and our policy is to not reverse anything after the night audit is complete. Thank You-- Brian Johannsen GM
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We went back to the Loma Lodge for a 2nd stay, and intend to return. This place is small, friendly, and a great location for our family. A little bit of a drive to the beach, but very close to everything you want to visit in San Diego. Better than Hotel Circle. We thought the price couldn't be beat. It is not fancy but a good clean place to stay. The staff was very nice, even let us check-in to our room earlier in the day than normal. Nothing is brand new here but everything was clean and well kept. The pool area was small but nice and clean with seating, etc. The room we had was considered a "family room" which consisted of a normal room with 2 beds, a sliding glass door to the pool area and another room with an additional bed, a table with 2 chairs, a small refrigerator and a small microwave. The bathroom was small but funtional for us. There was no fee for parking in their lot, we had a space right outside our door. Being a family of 4, it worked out great for us.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Mn.
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We looked it up on here and were quoted $79/night. We called and were quoted $59/night. We showed up there without a reservation and there is a big sign saying it is $49.99/night. It is an older place. The air unit had 6 settings, 3 of which worked and the temperature dial did not work at all. The room was OK, but no more than that. We were in the back so it was reasonably quiet altho we heard planes going over in the morning. Check out time was 11AM, and the pool doesn't open until 10AM, so that is hard to use. I was able to use the internet in the lobby and print my boarding passes, so that worked out well. Continental breakfast was OK, but just coffee/juice and muffins/rolls. It isn't expensive and is reasonable for the money, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This place has decent rooms for the price. You cannot cook anything whatsoever though, you must use the worst microwave in the world. The center carousel does not, and it is very underpowered. You must also take maid service every four days, but in actuality, it turns out to be once a week if you stay more than a week. Then when you try and talk to them about it they brush you off. They will not even let you get clean sheets until the designated time. So if you want sheets early forget it. I tried asking the staff to please try and clean my room a little early, I was rudely informed that she would get there when she got there, and that that was part of the service, every four days they do a thorough cleaning of the room, I then proceded to inform him that his staff did not clean thoroughly at all the last week, then he said I looked at the chart and it says she did, so she must have. Alright, I love paying someone to treat me like garbage and call me a liar, not for me thank you. I am checking out Tuesday and hopefully will never have to deal with these people again. I guess they care more about their employees than their guests.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Grayslake IL
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Great weekly rates for the service & room which included fridge & microwave; Close to bus lines & Red Trolly in Old Town Transportation Center; easy walk to lot of stores & restuarants Will continue to stay at this holel for rates & service

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2008

We have just checked out from a weeks' stay at Loma Lodge--absolutely wonderful stay!! This past week has been so enjoyable-- fantastic employees- the staff is so friendly and personable. Wonderful location- close to everything. Impeccably CLEAN!! Very affordable rates- especially the weekly rate. We have already booked our next stay for Spring of 2009-- can't wait!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank muddypond