“Good Value ”

Ranked #206 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
“Good Value ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We just needed a place to stay for one night before a long drive back home. Clean room & they let us check in early (around noon instead of 3pm). The staff were nice, not super friendly or welcoming but I have nothing negative to say about them. Good value & they have free parking. I'd stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank akuma57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Romford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid June.

Good things I would say are:
Helpful staff
Ok location
Parking available

Bad things:
Really loud aircon
Room stank of damp
Beds uncomfortable
Bathroom not clean
Found wiry hairs everywhere (ew!)
Breakfast just coffee and Danish

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Ahsha O
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed for months at the Loma Lodge and paid a lot of MONEY was told I could continue to stay at the hotel for a SPECIAL RATE over 100 dollars for a single bed, as long as I didn't say anything to any other guest the Owner Gene Berger and the GM Neal Singh lied to me, said it was the best deal they could offer, my friend is also staying at the hotel and he is only paying $59 dollars a day and that is what they are advertising outside on the sign. I asked to get that rate and was told NO. They would rather a good guest be gone. They lie to the guest and pick and choose who they want and they treat there employees horrible. And do not appreciate anyone, "I heard Gene saying let all the weekly's go who cares I make more money when they are gone!" Glad I'm gone!!!

Room Tip: None that Gene Berger owns or Neal Singh runs!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank B R
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Most of the mid range hotels are very similar to each other in States, following the same concept of construction. All they have simple American breakfast and amenities.
It was good hotel in the out skirts of San Diego. Has some restaurants nearby.
Room was clean. People at the front desk was good and friendly.
Thanks & Wishes!!!
Raju India

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

First, the good: Wifi is strong. No roaches. I didn't see bed bugs, but I was sure itching up a storm even though the bed was comfy.

The bad. I was charged for the room before I even got there. Filthy carpet, smelly bathroom, loud banging air conditioner, extremely thin walls, loud area, dirty ice machine which is not even free! I was afraid to touch anything! Key card was constantly de-magnetized, and they seemed more put out than I was to redo it.

The ugly. I politely asked to change rooms. Was nastily told there were no other rooms, yet there was a vacancy sign. The foul-mannered manager named Sarah [---\I believe (I was refused names - no name tags) locked me out of my room as she was yelling and blaming me for the poor conditions in the room (all of this as I'm ill upon waking from the mold and smell from the leaking sink into the cabinet in the bathroom). I had to call the police. She had her 2 ghetto minions give me dirty looks as well. Sarah is a hateful person who infects others with her negativity. I actually feel badly for her! There will be a health department complaint, because this place needs to be shut down! Don't be fooled by a cheaper price, you will be sick for sure! There are plenty of places around which are much cleaner, and the personnel is much friendlier. You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Kimberly B
Temperance
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Not a fancy place but it is clean and the beds are comfortable. We like the location -close to Old Town and freeways. If you stay 7 nights, you get one free night. They do not have to be 7 nights in a row. We stayed 4 nights the first time and 3 nights this time so we got a free night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lefty49
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Even though there was some confusion finding our reservation I had made and already paid for online when we went to check in, the Front Desk Clerk was super nice and even offered us a slightly better room than we originally reserved. We have stayed here several times and are never disappointed. The rooms are basic and clean and quiet. The pool area is lovely even though we usually just see it in passing. We did have the maid service overlook our used coffee pot and cups were still full of coffee when we returned to the room in the evening. Oh well, no big deal. We hope to stay there again soon for a longer visit next time! This little gem of a property is located close to everywhere we like to visit in San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper lever rooms , or poolside if you are requiring one of rooms with 3 beds for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple