“Again we were pleased with our stay”

Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
Ranked #214 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Tucson, Arizona
“Again we were pleased with our stay”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Even though there was some confusion finding our reservation I had made and already paid for online when we went to check in, the Front Desk Clerk was super nice and even offered us a slightly better room than we originally reserved. We have stayed here several times and are never disappointed. The rooms are basic and clean and quiet. The pool area is lovely even though we usually just see it in passing. We did have the maid service overlook our used coffee pot and cups were still full of coffee when we returned to the room in the evening. Oh well, no big deal. We hope to stay there again soon for a longer visit next time! This little gem of a property is located close to everywhere we like to visit in San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper lever rooms , or poolside if you are requiring one of rooms with 3 beds for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am writing this review because of our wonderful time we had at the Loma Lodge. Very quiet, very clean. The staff got us extra towels for the kids and our friends for the pool. They printed all of our tickets, got us cabs and did wake up calls for us every morning. The breakfast is just to get you going. Great staff, great location, great price. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Room 16 can go to pool and parking lot
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mark p
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was lost and need directions to another hotel. The hotel staff not only wrote out directions they gave me there number to call them in case I got lost. Once I got to my hotel, I realized for 1/2 the price I could stay at a hotel that actually cared. I ended up working right by the hotel changed my reservations to the Loma lodge and had a wonderful time. My room was quiet and clean. The other quest were from all over the world. The staff at the front desk are very knowledgeable about What's Happening in San Diego and I stayed an extra 3 days. I plan on returning to San Diego next month and will be looking for a house to purchase.

Room Tip: Pool side!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark B
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have spent several nights here now, and found the staff to be extremely friendly. The rooms are always clean, and the hotel itself is quiet. I have not ran into any problems with other guests like I have before at other cheaper hotels. It's in a really nice area, close to pretty much everything in San Diego. All said and done I believe this is one of the best hotels in San Diego for the price. Great rooms, great staff, and great rates. Awesome place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rpollard1984
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Mr. Pollard. Thanks for the awesome review ! It is greatly appreciated as we work hard to keep our guests happy. Thanks Again! Brian Johannsen-- General Manager
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2014

When I brought the unclean room problem to the attention of the frt desk staff, the conversation turned ugly and I was asked to leave., without any refund after being in the room only long enough to inspect it. My credit card was billed during check in, I was told there would be no refund, I took pictures of the bed, and they weren't very happy with that. Nightmare, That ruined a trip from Ohio to MCRD SanDiego,!

• Stayed February 2014
10 Thank dcscriv
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Please read our awesome reviews before forming an opinion based on this review . Thanks! Brian Johannsen General Manager

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Breezy with attitude should work in sales not in hospitality

This review will be twofold. The hospitality and then the hotel. Travelers desire to be in a m/hotel that is accommodating regardless of price and most importantly hospitality of staff. An undesirable m/hotel experience can lead to a salty hour or day. Unfortunately, the Breezy that is in charge will likely destroy revenue for this place. We had a problem that needed to be resolved. We couldn’t get resolution and had to request police assistance. We attempted to resolve the situation because there is a reasonable solution to every problem. Unless you are a Breezy with attitude. Rather than resolving the issue, the response we received was, “We are family owned.” And as a customer that means what to me on vacation. In fact, that means very little to the money that I spending to sustain your family business. It is more critical to be hospitable and competitive rather than arrogant and dismissive. Oh yeah, she also mentioned, “The phone calls are monitored, and the cameras watch everything all night.” If it is true or not, being in a Big Brother motel may be more than violating a citizen’s right. But you see, when you are a Breezy and you run your mouth without thinking, thus, causing revenue for the “Family Business.” On the other hand, the husband (?), is a reasonable man with calm nature and tries to apologize for her behavior. He would have to, that is what husbands do. I assume she is the wife because I cannot imagine a daughter or sister being that ill-mannered she was so arrogant in her posturing and maladaptive customer service that she must be somebody… otherwise she would be FIRED.

Hotel: We stayed in the 3 double room. Price was great (4.0), even for last minute. Room was clean (3.7). Amenities were adequate as expected for the motel and its price, clean towels, bar soap only. The double room is separated by a sliding door for privacy (4.0). There is a refrigerator which is larger size than other m/hotels (4.0). No microwave, no coffee maker. The smoking room had no smoking aroma (4.0), that was a plus. One t.v., old fashioned, color but has cable and works well. Free wi-fi (4.0) and it works all night. I left before breakfast because the Breezy ruined the appetite. Parking is adequate. All hotel door rooms are outside access. Not an internal hotel. Hotel located within 2-4 blocks of all a traveler’s necessities (gas station, spirits, chain grocery store, walgreens, restaurants, take-out food, bagels, mandarin, natural store, thrift store, Home depot, fitness center, park, public transportation, post office, bus, freeway). You get the drift. Okay, so if you are used to city life and being in a motel with different walks of life then this place is decent. If you are sheltered or may be wary of who is around you, then choose another location. But, because of the Breezy at this location, stay at Comfort Inn, Mission Valley, Kings Inn or another m/hotel. The extra double bed is not worth staying here and other motels and their prices and location are comparable. Unless…when you make your reservations and you know that she will NOT be there on any of the days, you are good. Oh yeah, the best part is that she mentioned the Do Not Return list. This is their personal indicator for Do Not Return guests in case the guest attempts to book a future stay. You can’t predict Breezy and their conniving schemes but put it this way, I volunteer to be on that list.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Godizself
Please read our many awesome reviews before forming an opinions for your accommodations in beautiful San Diego. Thank You! Brian Johannsen-- General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Moved to San Diego for a job, and needed somewhere to stay while I found an apartment. I saw the weekly advertised rate on their sign and decided to give them a try. I stayed in room 8, and found it to be very quiet, clean and simple. This isn't a five star hotel by any means, but the sheets and bathroom felt clean (most important). The room had a mini-fridge and tv. Again, not fancy, but for the price I have no complaints.

Here's the most important part. The staff couldn't have been any better. Chris the manager assisted me with finding a cheap rate, and because of that I stayed for 28 days. November had a couple holiday weekends that caused the rate to increase, but Chris moved me to a cheaper room and applied all their latest specials.

Lots of food options near by. Starbucks across the street. Easy access to highways and downtown. Free WIFI. Free breakfast (muffins, danish, coffee). Room cleaned daily.

My first interaction with San Diego. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Avoid the smoking rooms. Avoid rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Damien A
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Mr, Stieler, On behalf of my staff & myself we thank you for the very kind review & appreciate very much your business. We hope if you ever need a motel again you will choose us. Thanks Again! Brian Johannsen General Manager