“Favorite San Diego hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
Ranked #216 of 282 Hotels in San Diego
Grayslake
“Favorite San Diego hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Would not stay anywhere else in the area. Clean rooms, friendly,outstanding staff (even if I left somethings behind) they arranged for me to get it returned to me. Will be staying here again in the future. Weekly rates also allow a great stay at a reduce price in the middle of the city

Room Tip: Close to restaurants, stores & public transportation to the door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi Bonnie, Thanks so much for the awesome review and if back in San Diego email me direct I will give you a free upgrade to our King Deluxe room. Much appreciated! Brian Johannsen--GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

On the website this motel looks so very nice-so I couldn't wait to stay here HOWEVER on arrival it was nothing like the pictures on the website, the hotel staff were rude and unfriendly not to mention unhelpful, when I entered the room I felt a dirty feeling, it was smelly, tatty, very, very dated and in general awful-I am not a motel / hotel room snob but this room made me feel depressed-it was more like a prison cell than some nice place to stay, I waited for my friend to arrive from washington who took one look and said "this is less than satisfactory" we went straight to the reception and checked out-something that I have never had to do this ever in my whole life...but I couldn't even spend one night in this motel room.
We were told that we'd given a smokers room (even though we had not requested a smokers room-since none of us smoke and I have Asthma-made worse by smoke) and smokers trash motel rooms so it wasn't one of the best rooms!! The manager and assistant were rude!!
I wouldn't recommend this motel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Delilah M
I am sorry for your experience and this is not the way we do business. I do apologize but to future guests we strive to be the best we can but please read all of our reviews before making your choice where to stay in beautiful San Diego. Thanks! Brian Johannsen GM

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This motel was worth the money! The employees were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean. It was spartan but clean which is very important. It was nice having a microwave and fridge in the room. The only complaint we had was that there weren't alot of channels available on the television but not a big deal. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a budget friendly motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank soonergirl49
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Pleased with hotel. WAs my wife and teen child. Little noise from road traffic didn't bother us. But if light sleeper maybe
Friendly staff. Breakfast was small just muffins and Danishes but food nearby. Easy to find. Parking lot is small but we found a spot both nights pool looked nice. It never got to use. No views of anything really. But for the price you can't beat it I checked many similar hotels in area

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Odanyashley
Carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our kids are teens and sharing beds is getting difficult. So, we got a room with three beds that actually turned out to be really a two-room suite! So, our teenage daughter was happy to have room to herself. It's the best deal I've found for three beds. The pastry and muffin selection for breakfast was good and fresh. The airport flight path noise was noticeable, but seemed to stop through middle of the night (so not as bad as being near the railroad tracks or station in other parts of San Diego, which I have experienced). There is some street traffic noise. The bathroom fixtures were old. They have soap and shampoo but no conditioner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Heather886
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 days, 2 nights for my Family of 5 through Travelocity as we planned a trip to Sea World. I was looking for a great deal and was not familiar with the hotels in this area. When it was time to check in it was fast and easy. We stayed in a room with 3 beds, 2 tv's, microwave and refrigerator. The pool was clean, as well as the rooms. The pool area has vending machines, along with an ice machine. You hear the traffic and airplanes going by but we didn't mind at all. My family and I had a great experience and can't wait to come back again. I won't need travelocity to take care of my next reservation.

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank ctangled
Riverside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I wish I would have spent a little more money and gone elsewhere as this hotel is not worth the money and the management is very poor. Parking is hard and the Rosecrans street noise is very loud in the room. After enjoying the city went back to the room and found blood on the sheets. The man said I'll have to see what I can do -- he came up to the room with flash light -- after acknowledging the blood, said again, 'll have to see what I can do. What --no extra sheets?!! Finally, he brought clean sheets which we had to put on the bed ourselves. Next morning asked to get the breakfast 5 minutes early and the same office man was very short and rude. He said the sign says we open at 7:00. The beds were ok. We we won't waste our money on this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Janet P
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
First I would like to apologize for the obvious lack of guest service & this is not how we operate as you can see from our many great reviews. As for the housekeeping error once again I apologize for the oversight in the sheets. I hope you will accept my apologies & give us another chance with your room for the night on me. Feel free to contact me anytime at 619-222-0511. Brian Johannsen GM ABVI Loma Lodge.