All reviews rosecrans street front desk budget hotel coffee maker small refrigerator free wifi sea world old town comic con rooms are clean hotel room walgreens freeway downtown
Reviewed October 11, 2012

On the website this motel looks so very nice-so I couldn't wait to stay here HOWEVER on arrival it was nothing like the pictures on the website, the hotel staff were rude and unfriendly not to mention unhelpful, when I entered the room I felt a dirty feeling, it was smelly, tatty, very, very dated and in general awful-I am not a motel / hotel room snob but this room made me feel depressed-it was more like a prison cell than some nice place to stay, I waited for my friend to arrive from washington who took one look and said "this is less than satisfactory" we went straight to the reception and checked out-something that I have never had to do this ever in my whole life...but I couldn't even spend one night in this motel room.
We were told that we'd given a smokers room (even though we had not requested a smokers room-since none of us smoke and I have Asthma-made worse by smoke) and smokers trash motel rooms so it wasn't one of the best rooms!! The manager and assistant were rude!!
I wouldn't recommend this motel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Delilah M
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

I am sorry for your experience and this is not the way we do business. I do apologize but to future guests we strive to be the best we can but please read all of our reviews before making your choice where to stay in beautiful San Diego. Thanks! Brian Johannsen GM

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This motel was worth the money! The employees were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean. It was spartan but clean which is very important. It was nice having a microwave and fridge in the room. The only complaint we had was that there weren't alot of channels available on the television but not a big deal. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a budget friendly motel.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank soonergirl49
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Pleased with hotel. WAs my wife and teen child. Little noise from road traffic didn't bother us. But if light sleeper maybe
Friendly staff. Breakfast was small just muffins and Danishes but food nearby. Easy to find. Parking lot is small but we found a spot both nights pool looked nice. It never got to use. No views of anything really. But for the price you can't beat it I checked many similar hotels in area

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Odanyashley
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our kids are teens and sharing beds is getting difficult. So, we got a room with three beds that actually turned out to be really a two-room suite! So, our teenage daughter was happy to have room to herself. It's the best deal I've found for three beds. The pastry and muffin selection for breakfast was good and fresh. The airport flight path noise was noticeable, but seemed to stop through middle of the night (so not as bad as being near the railroad tracks or station in other parts of San Diego, which I have experienced). There is some street traffic noise. The bathroom fixtures were old. They have soap and shampoo but no conditioner.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Heather886
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 days, 2 nights for my Family of 5 through Travelocity as we planned a trip to Sea World. I was looking for a great deal and was not familiar with the hotels in this area. When it was time to check in it was fast and easy. We stayed in a room with 3 beds, 2 tv's, microwave and refrigerator. The pool was clean, as well as the rooms. The pool area has vending machines, along with an ice machine. You hear the traffic and airplanes going by but we didn't mind at all. My family and I had a great experience and can't wait to come back again. I won't need travelocity to take care of my next reservation.

Date of stay: June 2012