All reviewsrosecrans streetbudget hotelcoffee makerfree wifismoking roomextra towelspool areaspacious roommicrowave
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our kids are teens and sharing beds is getting difficult. So, we got a room with three beds that actually turned out to be really a two-room suite! So, our teenage daughter was happy to have room to herself. It's the best deal I've found for three beds. The pastry and muffin selection for breakfast was good and fresh. The airport flight path noise was noticeable, but seemed to stop through middle of the night (so not as bad as being near the railroad tracks or station in other parts of San Diego, which I have experienced). There is some street traffic noise. The bathroom fixtures were old. They have soap and shampoo but no conditioner.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heather886
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 days, 2 nights for my Family of 5 through Travelocity as we planned a trip to Sea World. I was looking for a great deal and was not familiar with the hotels in this area. When it was time to check in it was fast and easy. We stayed in a room with 3 beds, 2 tv's, microwave and refrigerator. The pool was clean, as well as the rooms. The pool area has vending machines, along with an ice machine. You hear the traffic and airplanes going by but we didn't mind at all. My family and I had a great experience and can't wait to come back again. I won't need travelocity to take care of my next reservation.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank ctangled
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I wish I would have spent a little more money and gone elsewhere as this hotel is not worth the money and the management is very poor. Parking is hard and the Rosecrans street noise is very loud in the room. After enjoying the city went back to the room and found blood on the sheets. The man said I'll have to see what I can do -- he came up to the room with flash light -- after acknowledging the blood, said again, 'll have to see what I can do. What --no extra sheets?!! Finally, he brought clean sheets which we had to put on the bed ourselves. Next morning asked to get the breakfast 5 minutes early and the same office man was very short and rude. He said the sign says we open at 7:00. The beds were ok. We we won't waste our money on this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Janet P
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

First I would like to apologize for the obvious lack of guest service & this is not how we operate as you can see from our many great reviews. As for the housekeeping error once again I apologize for the oversight in the sheets. I hope you will accept my apologies & give us another chance with your room for the night on me. Feel free to contact me anytime at 619-222-0511. Brian Johannsen GM ABVI Loma Lodge.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Drove up to a beautiful lodge and a very friendly and warm woman manager. Our room was clean and nice and our first night was great.Got up in the morning and went to the zoo, left our roomtag for cleaning on the door. Arrived back at 9:30 pm the room was never cleaned and after two calls and one hour later we were given clean towels and we took showers. We received a call asking to keep the noise down. We were confused and stated we just took showers and were watching a movie, there must be a mistake. Watched the movie and while we were getting in the bed to sleep we got a knock on the door and were told we would have to leave due to the noise. "What noise; we just finished a movie and are in bed?" We were told the police were on their way if we did not leave; so we packed our things and sat and waited for the police. The police came, investigated the complaint and found it unfounded. The Police tried to get our money back but the night manager refused. The officer left his name, badge number and the incident number and stated we could use him as a witness to get our money back. The lodge never answered to our complaint and never gave us our money back. Because it was late in the night we lost our second day of our vacation that we had saved hard for and drove home to Los Angeles, over 250 miles. I have traveled my whole life and never had one problem. We are good, considerate travelers but this night manager never investigated the complaint and ASSUMED it was us. I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank vina52
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Please read our other reviews before forming an opinion on where you choose to stay in beautiful San Diego. We are an award winning property providing the very best guest service we can and we go over & beyond to take care of our guests and sometimes it is unfortunate that we cannot please all. Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Loma Lodge. It was quite, clean and tastefully furnished. The rates were reasonable. My only complaint was not enough outlets to charge our laptop and cell phones. Free wifi but the connection was a bit faint. All in all, a good night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family