All reviewsrosecrans streetbudget hotelcoffee makerfree wifismoking roomextra towelspool areaspacious roommicrowave
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I came in very late one night and had a reservation through Hotwire and apparently Hotwire did not give payment information to the hotel and they said I owed for the night. I had prepaid through Hotwire, but Keith, the clerk got on the phone with Hotwire and while he was on hold he figured out what happened and was kind enough to bring me out from the cold while I waited and took my bag to the room. This isn't a four star hotel, but I had four star service.

Room Tip: Book with hotel directly.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dani's P
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently went to San Diego where I was once a resident of 12 years to visit my 4 children and as usual I chose the Loma Lodge. The staff was friendly and professional, the breakfast bar was a great way to start the day and meet other travelers and when I had problems with my visa card the staff went out of their way to accomodate and help me. I plan on coming back in July to enjoy their beautiful pool!

Room Tip: I would choose a king size bed next time
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Crystal G
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. The staff is great, they all know the City well .I stay at loma lodge it is close to everything. Golf, Restaurants of all type ,all major highways,Old Town,Down Town ,It is always very Clean It is the BEST DEAL FOR THE PRICE IN SAN DIEGO.!!!!!! Stay and see.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are Quieter
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Craig K
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Drove to San Diego for my birthday. Had a great time, love the location of the hotel, right in the middle of everything, from the beach to the golf courses and even sight-seeing places. A short few blocks to old town San Diego with all the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mastermindaz
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I live "Downunder" in Western Australia. I was visiting friends I made in the early 1990's when I played in Dixieland Jazz Bands. My visit included the 2011 Thanksgiving Day San Diego Jazz Festival. Kind friends let me use their home in Point Loma during the Festival, however, unexpectedly, this caused me to come down with severe allergic sinus infections, so much so, that I missed my flight home! Happily, Loma Lodge provided the fresh clean air in a super comfortable room with excellent bathroom facilities to allow two day's recovery prior to the delayed 41 hour trip home! What a blessed relief! The shopping on the other side of Rosecrans Street also provided lovely gifts for family & grandchildren! So disaster turned into a delight!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anthony D
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

On behalf of my staff & myself we appreciate your kind words & we were glad that you were delighted with our motel. If you are ever back in beautiful San Diego, Ca I hope you will call on us for your motel accommodations. Thanks Again, Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel.