All reviewsrosecrans streetbudget hotelcoffee makerfree wifismoking roomextra towelspool areaspacious roommicrowave
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This was our first time at this motel .. We really enjoyed the staff and the hospitality.. We were here in August (2011) and plan on returning in October (2011) .Great Location :-) 100% Recomendation !

Room Tip: Beds are perfect , Room size is just right , & PRICE IS EXCELLENT
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank David G
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

We thank you very much for your review & please call us direct for your next reservation. Thanks again Brian Johannsen GM

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this motel. It felt very home like. They had a fantastic weekly rate which really came in handy when on a family vacation. I was surprised to see they had a pool and it was open until 10:PM !! Absolutely Fantastic. I was happier to find out that this is a family run motel and has been owned by the same family since opening about 50 years ago!! I don't know why these other reviews weren't updated since the last. Must be under new management because this place is GREAT!
All the staff was very friendly and it was nice to see such a sharp young man assisting guests at the front desk who really knew his city.
See ya next summer Loma Lodge and Thank You for a wonderful week

Room Tip: It is worth a tiny tad extra to stay in a pool side room with your own sliding glass door onto the patio and relax on your own private chairs while keeping an eye on the kids in the pool. Also don't forget the danish and muffin breakfast in the morning to get ya going. Yes also tea, coffee and cocoa for the kids
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin D
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

On behalf of my staff we appreciate your fantastic review of Loma Lodge. I have been the GM here at ABVI Loma Lodge for 20 years and we do our very best to make our guests feel at home and repeat business is our goal. Once again thank you for your business & we will see you next summer! Brian Johannsen GM

Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel is very cozy and clean. Great location to local beaches, tourist attractions, and restuarants. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and great for water exercises. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank susan m
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

On behalf of my staff and myself We valued our guest opinions and we very much appreciate your review and if you are back in San Diego give us a call & we will do our best to make your next stay the very best we can at ABVI Loma Lodge. Thanks again! Brian Johannsen GM

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We always stay at the Loma Lodge and recommend it to friends for a reasonable place to stay. We have never had a problem here like some of the ones mentioned in other reviews. Yes, this hotel is an older building and it is small, that is part of the charm for us. It is close to everywhere in San Diego that we like to visit and we appreciate the price. We hope to be back for another visit soon, we have probably stayed there at least 6 or 7 times now.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blpettyaz
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Hello Ms. Petty, On behalf of I & my staff We do very much appreciate your review and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us the best just ask, We look forward to you always staying with the award winning ABVI Loma Lodge Motel. Thanks again! Brian Johannsen-- General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were in San Diego for a wedding the weekend of Comic Con 2011! Since we live in Los Angeles (2 hours away) we didn't want to pay a lot just to sleep so I picked this hotel. The receptionist was really pleasant upon check in and the next morning. Our room (#33) was facing the street but with the air condidtioner on and the TV (HBO included) we didn't hear much traffic noise. My only suggestion would be to have the rugs cleaned as I had to wear socks when walking on the rug in the room since the rug was very very sticky. Location was perfect for us since the wedding was at the University of San Diego and the reception was at The Abbey. BTW: the pool looked very inviting :o)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Krista W
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

On behalf of our motel we thank you for your review. We do our very best to keep our rooms very clean but with the high season our carpets do get dirty because we are at 100% occupancy and when shampooing carpets you must let them dry 24 hours. I promise you we will always try to do better to have a very clean & comfortable room for our guests.