“OVERALLREALLY NICE STAY”

Premier Inns Mission Valley
Ranked #235 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Premier Inns over the holidays.I've never used TripAdvisor in the past. I'm a first time user &a good friend of mind referred me to this very helpful website.the reviews played a huge part in my staying at this particular hotel. I overall was satisfied with my stay.The location and price were really great!The rooms were clean, average and smelled nice.I stayed on the 4th floor facing the freeway (a tad bit noisy) but my only complaint would be the carpet throughout the balconies, it was really wet in most spots.Abd the outside exterior could definitely use a little bit of updating.I really enjoyed the fact that security was on site throughout the night.My wifel and kids felt really safe.However I would like to speak on the staff at this property.The gentleman at the front desk (Steven) was quite frankly rude as all hell. (Excuse my language), he curses expletives indront of anyone and everyone as if he doesn't care about his job.I must say I used to manage a business and he definitely would've been gone a long time ago.Given the fact that there are surveillance cameras in the lobby you'd think he'd be on his best behavior!!!!I was in complete shock. The woman that works at night (Shelah) was very wonderful, she's quite the comedian I must say!And (Celshia) I believe she was some sort of housekeeping assistant was a very pleasant young lady.she was very helpful and knowledgeable and really respectful.i will be returning to San Diego in the summer,and will be booking another stat here at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JB2812

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Like the convenient location being near sea world. The parking lot is quite small and can be difficult to navigate. The rooms were average, small, everything worked ok. We cant complain about the accommodations for the price and location. The staff was helpful and courteous, helped me get what I needed at nearby stores. It is right off the highway, so there is some noise. Had difficulty finding the ice vending machine. Its no frills and that's what they advertise, so you get what you expect.

Room Tip: Room in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hearic
Reviewed October 8, 2013

These reviews on this hotel crack me up, its really not that bad. Ask yourself before booking here...

If you pay $1 for a burger or $10 for a "steak", do you expect organic, antibiotic free, grass-fed USDA Prime beef?

If you buy a 5 Liter Box of Franzia red wine for $7...do you expect it taste like a $100 bottle of French Bordeaux?

If you pay $11000 for a Chevy Spark, do expect it to come with leather seats, sunroof, Navigation, blue tooth, pushkey ignition, automatic transmission, hybrid engine, quiet cabin, smooth ride and go from 0-60 in under 5 seconds?

If you pay $50/night for a hotel room, do you expect it to come with a Tempurpedic bed, 600 thread count Egyptian sheets, Crabtree Evylen toiletries, 42' LCD TV, bathrobes, Full Service Spa, Concierge, and twice-daily maid service?

This place was $50 a night during Fourth of July weekend...for that price on a big holiday weekend my out-of-town friends and I were satisified with its size, cleanliness, 24hr security guard, and decent beds. Look people, its $50 night, you get what you pay for...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank John P
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband, in-laws and I went on vacation to San Diego. We wanted cheap hotels so we'd have more money to spend on other things. The hotel was kind of hard to find at first but once we found it, we never got lost again. The security guard was very helpful.

We didn't know where the elevator was so my husband and I ran up to the 4th floor with the first couple bags. Then my in-laws found the elevator and we took the slowest elevator ever up. I never took that elevator again!

The rooms were good enough. Coffee maker and refrigerator. The bed was soft and comfortable. It's good enough for place to sleep.

We stayed two nights. The elevator got stuck on the first floor when my in-laws went down so we had to take the rest of our bags down the stairs. Oh well.

Next time we'll stay at the comfort inn across the street. They have continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Natasha C
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I read some pretty bad reviews about this place so I wasn't expecting much. But to my surprise this hotel was way beyond what I anticipated. The room was spacious and clean. There was 24 hour security so I felt completely safe. You had to use your card key to access the stairs and elevator which I thought was an added bonus. It was quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you're on a tight budget as it was very inexpensive. The reason for the 4 instead of 5 is it would have been nice if a Continental breakfast had been offered or even a coffee pot in the room. Otherwise, great place for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the worst motels I have ever checked into, so bad when we saw the rooms, we checked out. Bed was lumpy, and very old. The room was so filled with chemicals, which I assume they clean with, it irritated my our skin. There was a hole is the 3rd floor balcony (covered by a rug). Staying in your car would be a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ump11
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can't complain too much since this hotel was WAY cheaper than any other hotel in the area. While this hotel is older and out dated, it was clean and that is a good thing for sure. There were some very interesting characters staying there over the weekend, during the week was a much better experience. While I can't say this was an excellent place to stay, it wasn't really all that bad. If you are there in the summer and stay on the end near the ball fields you can see Sea World's fireworks each night. The location was close to everything we were in California for, the beach, the airport, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. We also were very close to Old Town which was nice. I felt better that the parking lot had a security guard since there were some very questionable people coming in and out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family