“GOOD PLACE”

Premier Inns Mission Valley
Ranked #235 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed December 13, 2011

STAYED 12/9/11-12/12/11. This hotel is a great value. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There's no breakfast but there's alot of places to eat nearby.they have a pool and hot tub. there are alot of hotels in Mission Valley but not at this price. you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank DAVID C

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the size, decor, and cleanliness of the rooms. Since Premier is local small chain (part of EZ8), I was unsure of what to expect. The reviews online were all positive, so I booked. Oh, yeah, since i was a bit short on money, the price was definitely an enticement.

It is hard to find a hotel in the $40-80 range in San Diego on a good day, but in July it is impossible, but the Premier had rooms in this range.

The rooms are large, full basic cable lineup on the TV.
Showers were nicely built walk-in types (not tubes). Fridge in each room.

They also have a hot tub that people seemed to really enjoy.

The hotel is on the bus line and about a 15-20 minute walk to Fashion Valley mall. The bus ride is about 5 minutes. Be careful, though, because the bus does not run on Sundays.

Only downside, is that they have free internet in the lobby on some old computer! In your room you have to pay $5 per day. But apparently you can also pay $10 for a month of service that you can use at this hotel, other hotels, in airports, on planes, etc. So I suggest just paying the $10 if you will be here more than one night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank CopacabanaGrill
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located close to Sea World. There's a pool we did not use but it looked decent. They had a very basic continental breakfast, hey I was just after the coffee. I didn't expect a budget hotel to have breakfast at all, so that was a plus. There was a fridge in the room. Comfortable beds. Clean linens. I read somewhere the rooms smelled funny but I didn't experience this. I have stayed here 3 times. I am and have been satisfied with the quality of the hotel for what little money we paid. No complaints here! I've seen worse rooms out there. There is a Denny's close by which we ate at each morning.

Room Tip: Law enforcement receive a discount at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Hawaiigirl44
Reviewed November 8, 2010

This is a good value in economy lodging. It is on the north side of I-8 in the Hotel Circle area, very close to Old Town (historic area with shopping, restaurants, etc). I have spent about 15 nights here over the last few years. A computer/internet is available in the lobby at no additional charge for time or printing small jobs (not sure what is available in the rooms). Close to several restaurants with good access to all freeways (and thus attractions/destinations) via I-8.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Bob84403
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I booked this room online and my email stated 50% deposit paid to hold room, I arrived and paid for night #2, so I thought. I took my children to Sea World and upon my return found my room key did not work. I went to desk and was told we are sorry you paid for one night only. I said no it was two nights. After a heated discussion I went and retrived my items, and the so called manager who did not even acknowledge me was standing there. front clerk found my reservation which said 2 NIGHTS, and said all sorry. So I said fine your company screwed up not me and was told no they did not. The manager decided she would walk away from me when I aksed her why and then came back with BS od=f how her brothers where fire fighters and police. WHO CARES!!! I am military!!! but did not bring it up had nothing to do with me and my 3 kids had no place to stay for the night. IF U STAY< AT OWN RISK!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
11  Thank ShawnH4
Reviewed July 17, 2009

With AAA discount, we paid $61 per night including tax, less than at Motel 6 right around the corner. This motel looks terrible, but the rooms are fine and the front desk staff that I encountered was very helpful.

The kids and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and the way it overlooks the San Diego Mission up on the hill. Once this pprperty gets internet access, I will for sure stay here for business. We spoke to a toung couple from Germany, families from Phoenix, Mexico and elsewhere....it is a real mix of people who stay here.

My wife prefers Hampton Inns and similar, but agreed that this place (although not here first choice) was OK

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank junglecat64
Reviewed March 26, 2009

The AAA approved Premier Inn(San Diego) was clean, as advertised, but not particularly safe(3 policemen came and arrested an individual while we were staying there. In addition, the smoking in the hallway by individuals was not to our liking, and finally, it took three tries to get checked in.

We were first told by phone(before we began the trip) that checkin in is between 2 and 3 pm. I indicated we would arrive a bit before two. We were told we would have to wait for that bit of time. We arrived, and attempted to check in at about 2:30-NO ROOMS WERE READY. We were then told by the toothless woman at the reception desk that rooms would be ready about 3:30 or 4. I indicated that we were not happy and had an elderly person with us who needed to rest, but agreed to come back then. Thankfully, I called ahead again and was told NO ROOMS WERE READY at 3:45 ish.

Finally, 2 of the 4 rooms were available at about 4:15, a little more than an hour before our event at 6pm. The next two rooms became available shortly after that-the young lady who handled the check in at that time was professional. The arrest, however was upsetting to two of my party who were in the office drinking coffee Saturday morning. I plan to go to San Diego again, but with what happened at Premier Inn, I am not convinced that is the place to stay.

Office staff was hit and miss-a tooth-challenged, poorly groomed woman was almost helpless as a front desk person and not personable or friendly, while the replacement woman later in the day was professional. The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, including-NO child friendly beverages, only sweets, no proteins. Parking was almost non-existent, and the hotel should NOT be a AAA club recommended location. Even at appx. $55/night per room, my money was not well spent. I requested a refund upon my return from our event, and am STILL WAITING!

Still waiting for a refund, after 3 complaints-one to the desk about slow availabilty of rooms to be ready, one to the reservation company, and one to corporate of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family