All reviews room was clean parking lot is small walking distance ocean beach sea world sd
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Hotel Point Loma violated city code by renting out a property that violated the basic tenets of appropriate retail lodging— safety, security, proper plumbing, sanitation, functioning smoke alarm & cleanliness among others. TV didn't work, toilet leaked, no battery in the smoke alarm, broken/torn window shade on ground floor at corner of two streets, no supplies in the kitchenette, no light bulb in the kitchenette, dirty and not welcoming in any manner. No way that 3 people could have stayed there as advertised. My daughter's room was a bit better but still not great. Managment was totally unresponsive to requests for repair and maintenance and made no acccomadations to the bill even when requested . . . we also found that booking.com takes a huge cut on room rates as the street rate was about $70/night and we had to pay $120/night for terrible accommodations . . . DO NOT STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON!!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank beckyabirch
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

IT'S A COMPLETE DIVE.

THIS IS THE DIRTIEST, NASTIEST "HOTEL" I HAVE EVER SEEN. STAY AWAY.

I left after one, very unpleasant night.

Dog feces right by the front door to the unit. (More all along the pathway to the unit. )

Vomit by the soda machine never cleaned up

I could hear people in other rooms and around the property vomiting all night.

The walls and ceilings are very thin but even so, is this some type of known drug house? Or alcoholic's flop?

Unit advertised as kitchenette. There was a 2 burner surface, fridge & microwave. All were dirty.

Absolutely nothing to cook with. No pans. The only kitchen items were a few odds & ends that look like other guests just left them.

No dishwasher. (Which from the dirty condition of the room tells not to ever use anything in the "kitchen")

No dish soap

No sponge

No kitchen towels

No paper towels

The fridge stank upon opening it. It was dirty inside and out. Long black hair inside. I brought gorceries with me because I booked 3 days. I had to put them in there but left them when I left.

The bathroom was unsanitary. Blood spots on the wall. Mysterious, tiny, black spots all over the shower wall that started to smear while I was showering.

Worst of all was the fact that when I turned on the faucet in the bathroom, the water sprayed & dripped from 3 different leaks under the sink into the cabinet below. I would not have ever known except it started to run out onto the floor.

The entire sink unit was detaching from the wall.

There were only 2, very small towels in the bathroom & they were dingy gray, allegedly white at some point.

The toilet paper roll was half wet with some pinkish colored goo? Dropped in the toilet & put back on?

No hotel should ever allow a guest in a room like this.

I brought some clorox wipes & paper towels with me & used them all and the unit was still dirty.

At least half of all the light fixtures were either burned out or had no bulbs in them whatsoever. Now I understand why: the better not to see the filth.

I checked in late afternoon, dropped my stuff & headed back out. I didn't return until about 7 pm. There was a lot of yuck I never saw until morning when I opened the very stained curtains.

Should I go on?

Do not believe one single positive review about this property. It is disgusting.

I reported problems to Expedia, they could not get ahold of any manager to get my money back.

STAY AWAY.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank soujourner1
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent visit with us. It is disheartening to know that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Your review will be shared with our team to help us improve. We do hope you will come back and stay with us again and allow us the chance to give you a better visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Excellent location, simple, clean, and comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff. The parking lot is small, they’ve made the most of the space, but it is problematic. If you like plush, this is not for you. If you like German/Austrian minimalism, you will appreciate the clarity. The room had everything I needed for my four-day stay and I slept better than I have in four and five star chains.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sundari2018
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Here at Hotel Point Loma, we hope to offer each guest a comfortable stay along with friendly service. We are thrilled to learn we delivered both these aspects during your four-day stay with us! It is especially nice to see that we were able to deliver a great night's sleep that rivals more expensive accommodations.
Thank you for sharing your complimentary review. We look forward to welcoming you back should you be in San Diego again.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Very nice remodeled hotel and rooms. Will definitely stay again. Staff was wonderful. Parking can be tight and not always a space but there is street parking. I just moved my car from street to parking lot when spot opened. Great stay and price.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for letting us know about your five-star experience with us here at Hotel Point Loma! It's great to see that we were able to meet your expectations by providing welcoming rooms and friendly service. Our apologies for any busyness in the parking lot, we're happy that everything worked out well for you. We truly appreciate your business and would be delighted to serve you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Great location Comfortable But floor was dirty couldn't get clean towels no maid service until 3 pm the maid was great really over worked not enough time in the room remote control didn't work for tv and no outlets for phone chargers but we would stay again $$$ great

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us with some helpful feedback about your recent visit. We're pleased to read your encouraging comments about our excellent location and great value. We're sorry for any concerns you had regarding housekeeping and apologize for the issue you mentioned concerning the remote control for the TV. We'll be speaking with our team to address that matter. We're grateful for your business and would love to serve you again.