“Awesome Hotel and Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Point Loma

Hotel Point Loma
Ranked #213 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Golden Valley, Arizona
“Awesome Hotel and Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is amazing. I have never stayed with them and went online before booking to check out what others had to say about it. Everyone was right on about this hotel. The staff is wonderful and the hospitality is just amazing!! When we go down to San Diego we will be staying here.
Thank you Aartie for all your help as well!!

Room Tip: The Queen Suite was just the right size for my family and very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsDept, Front Office Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
You have sincerely touch our hearts with your comments. Our company, hotel, and staff are dedicated to making each guest stay superb, and we will continue to provide this exceptional service to all guests. Aarti wanted me to thank you as she has appreciative of your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I planned a last minute trip to San Diego this weekend with my husband and my two year old son. We found a room at Point Loma Inn. The room was renovated but it was very small. The bed was old and when we asked for extra towels we got two that looked like old rags. There was a door connecting to the other room and you could hear everything (I'm sure they heard our toddler too). There was limited parking too. I guess it's a good place if you are going fishing but not a good place for family. Better planning next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia L

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

ABQ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in their newly remodeled rooms. It was very pleasant. The location is great and not heavily trafficked like other parts of SD. You will be near all the great places to visit in SD. The hotel is walking distance to Point Loma Seafoods which is highly recommended. Great things about this quaint hotel:

~ Nice remodeled rooms ( makes you feel like your paying top dollar)
~ Great price for the remodeled rooms
~ SUPER Friendly and professional staff, Vicky and her daughter went above and beyond on their hospitality and service.
~ Great location.

Cons ( but I list these with hesitation, because the rooms were freshly remodeled and the staff was waiting for the following items to come in and put in place.
~ No suitcase rack
~ No blackout curtains (but did have temporary semi blackout curtains)
~ No place to hang your clothing
~ No chair

Overall, I will say, my husband and I drove up the PCH to San Francisco and we stayed in 5 hotels throughout our trip, none compared to the nice, clean, new, quaint and friendly staff of Poiny Loma Inn and Suites.

When I go back to SD, I will definitely stay at Point Loma Inn and suites again and again and again.

Room Tip: Ignore Swiming Pool ( teribble rating) there is no pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seasun C
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Miss,

I really want to thank you for your review. It’s these types of comments that makes me want to be in the hotel business. I really appreciate the words of encouragement. As for the items missing in the room we expect them on Monday. We look forward to seeing you again and again.

Take Care God Bless,
Aarti Patel
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We've stayed in a vast variety of hotels from 5 star resorts to economy motels. Sometimes you want to be pampered & sometimes you just want an economical, clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. The latter is what we hoped for and got at the Point Loma Inn. It's in a great location, within minutes of the airport, the water, and lots of great shopping & restaurants. The staff is courteous & friendly. We wish the "free breakfast" was a bit more robust than pastries & coffee, but it is free! The rooms are clean and pretty well maintained and the price is about half (or less) of what the large hotels in the area charge. On this trip, we preferred to save our money for fine dining and shopping. The Point Loma Inn is a good value and we had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
You are the ideal hotel guest, staying in all types of hotels, motels, and inns and setting the right expectation for the accommodation you choose to stay at. It is crucial that future guests understand where and what they are receiving for a hotel and that it meets their expectations prior to booking a hotel. A hotel should not be based on solely the lowest price, as the guest expects more from the hotel then they paid for. We thank you for being the perfect guest, and for taking the time to share your hotel experience.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I confess I wasn't too impressed last year when I visited Point Loma Inn and Suites. I had a suite which was ok, clean, but quite old. But this year the price was good, and it's near family and friends, so I tried again. Imagine my surprise when they showed me a lovely kitchenette, completely new, a flat-screen tv, tiled floors, everything so clean and fresh... They are in process of renovating all the rooms, and due to location, and quality for the price, it's a place I'm coming back to. Management is friendly and cooperative. Continental breakfast is skinny, but with a kitchen in the room I make my own anyway. It's close to some great places to eat (I like Brigantine, and Point Loma Fish and Seafood, a short walk away). They haven't finished all the rooms yet, but I bet they will get them done in short order. And they take pets, so I can take my Yorkie with me! I'm coming back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are so glad you were able to stay in one of our newly remodeled rooms. Your review definitely encourages us to complete the rest of the rooms, so that all of our guests can have the same experience you did. We sincerely appreciate you giving us the opportunity to provide you with a fabulous stay, and we hope to see you and your yorkie soon. Thanks again!
Simi Valley, California, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at the point loma inn and suites,the room and staff were incredible. The only thing i wish was a lot .better was the parking. The lot was small. But other than that,it was worth the trip. Especially in a pinch.

Room Tip: Nothing, room was great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam B
It was our pleasure to serve you during your visit to San Diego. It is our number one priority to make our guests happy, if you're happy we're happy. Our rooms are clean, our staff is great, and we offer fantastic value, and thank you for attesting to those attributes.
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped here because we had a hotel coupon book and the rate advertised was $49.95 plus tax for one bed. They said they would honor the rate and my husband decided to book. Then they said "oh, it's $10 more if there are 2 people" The ad does not say that. We decided to stay because it was in the area we wanted to be in that night. When we got to the room and started unpacking we decided to go for a walk. I had clothes and bags on the bed and my husband had started unpacking and his things were on the sofa. We closed the blinds and put out the do not disturb sign. When we returned, the sign was still out but someone had entered anyway and moved all our things off the bed and sofa and put them on the carpet between the bed and closet and the carpet was damp. Do not know why this was done. Luckily I had all valuables with me. I don't feel that in lieu of an emergency that they had any right to enter the room
The room was clean and comfortable and close to the harbor/marina. However, if you are thinking of staying here you may want to consider other properties in the 2 block area such as Ramada, Vagabond Inn, Quality Inn, Dolphin Motel and a Best Western. I doubt we would stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Patrick and Mer... C
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel Point Loma, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are always very grateful for responses and reviews, these reviews always give us an opportunity to make sure our policies and procedures are robust, fair, and honest.When you booked your room you told us their would be only one person in the room but at check-in you were 2 people hence we had to charge you an extra $10. You did not have a problem to pay it at check-in so I am confused as to why you have a problems days after you checked out of our hotel. In any case we will be more then happy to refund you the $10 if you wish just out of good faith. We want all of our guests to be happy and return. As for your clothes, as you noticed we just installed brand new beautiful bedding and the maid should never have put you clths on the floor, she was new but in any case she still should not have done that. We thank you again for your feedback we will learn and get better meanwhile we hope to see you again.