Western Inn
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$267
$159
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Beachfront
$149
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$213
$159
Travelocity
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold towncontinental breakfastcovered parkingstay there againan older hotelroom was cleanwithin walking distancefree wifihotel in san diegoshort drivebit datedper nightpleasant stayeasy accesstrolleymicrowavedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed in Western Inn, Old Town, San Diego for a week in February/2012.
I had been referred to the hotel by a friend but was not aware of all the
conveniences of the place. Everything went very smoothly in my stay.
The hotel proved to be a good surprise of my visit to San Diego,
with very comfortable facilities, good price, excellent location, and everything
working properly and timely. The treatment by staff is also a plus.
I highly reccomend this hotel and plan to stay there in my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Sometimes the suite (where I stayed) is available at no extra cost.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
westerninn, Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as part of a 2 week journey through California. I found this hotel very easy to find ( we booked through Expedia) and got a decent rate for the type of hotel this was. At check in the gentleman offered us to upgrade to a slightly larger room with a microwave and refrigerator for just $10 more. Very convenient since we could heat up our milk for my 8 month year old son and store my groceries. My husband made could use of the high speed internet. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The street is on a quiet side about 1 block of the Interstate. Everytime I walked to the lobby I was promptly greeting by the desk clerk with a genuine smile and ready to assist with helpful information. They have fresh coffee, juice and sweet rolls. Will visit again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room with the fridge and microwave. It's only a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were looking for a place to sleep and rest before heading out to Sea World. The Hotel proved to be much more. It was located just off the freeway and two exits from Sea World, walking distance from Old Town, and a few minutes from Gas Lamp District, Marina etc. The rooms were fairly priced and clean. The decor was a bit dated but not an eyesore. One of the pleasant surprises was WiFi; it was fast and free! Sanjay was very knowledgeable about the nearby sites and very hospitable. To park in the structure was 6 dollars but The nearby street parking is fee. We ran into some of the other staff, all of which are friendly. I highly recommend this place for couples and family who don't plan to stay in the hotel all day but need a place to stay. Free breakfast is a plus! We both loved San Diego and will be going and will most likely stay at Western Inn again. Thanks Sanjay for making our trip comfortable and memorable.

Room Tip: The Suite is the best value
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
westerninn, Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

We thank you for your input on your stay here at the Western Inn and happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful city.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Okay, this place is within walking distance to bars, restaurants, and the trolley station. The rooms were clean and the maid service was good. Our room had a coffee pot, fridge, and microwave as well as a large pantry if we wanted to store some food.
Parking is $6 a night which was a surprise to me.
The bed was terrible, possibly the stiffest mattress I have ever slept on (including Mexico hotels).
The place is definitely no frills, and the room is poorly insulated. The continental breakfast consisted of two choices-a mini muffin or frosted flakes. That's it. Coffee or milk to drink. Not complaining, it was sufficient to get us started, but I would not consider this a "continental breakfast". However, considering the location I would stay here again-just maybe pack and egg crate pad to soften the terrible bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel's convenience to everything in Old Town is it's biggest plus. Price is not bad either. It is a comfortable, no-frills hotel. The king-size bed was comfortable (fitted sheets didn't fit, though), the water pressure in the shower was incredible. After staying in many foreign countries I've come to appreciate this. A privacy wall outside my room made me feel a bit closed in. There is a nice balcony area with tables on the back of the hotel. I found it accidentally. Sanjay at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
westerninn, Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We thank you for your review we try our best to make all our guest happy. We hope to see you again.