“Not in the best area, but OK for what we were looking for”

Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld
Ranked #95 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 1, 2009

I'm really late in writing this review, so I wont say too much. My friend and I were looking for a cheap place to stay in San Diego...and that's exactly what we got. The hotel was nothing to write home about (except if you want to tell people about the strip club across the street). But in a way that was OK because we were just there to shower and sleep. However, the area the hotel is in doesnt look like it would be the safest, and we would have to admit when coming back to the hotel late at night we were sometimes a little scared. Totally unfounded though.
All in all we got what we paid for. I wouldn't go back mostly because it wasn't in an area that had anything going on except fast food restaurants and strip clubs. It's nice being able to walk around the area near your hotel...but not here! Not a "touristy" area by any means.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
sangu23, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2009

I thank you for taking time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain out high standards.

Reviewed December 4, 2008

This was an absolute nightmare.

Nothing like having to explain to my 7 year old son why that building across the street from the hotel says "nude girls" and "nudie cuties." My wife wasn't exactly crazy about it either...

So what comes with a hotel right across the street from a strip club? That's right- strange men and women lurking in the parking lot (which, by the way, is WAY too small and filled up every night by 8:00 pm). Your other option is to park in the underground garage- which is an ominous and dark, desolate place with only one way in or out, and you'll feel like there is about a 40 percent chance that you won't make it out alive.

And the rooms- fairly clean, but for the cigarette-burned holes in the comforter, the tv with no remote control, and the very strange men lurking around at all hours of the night (see strip club comments, above).

Don't stay here- ever!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Richandfamily
sangu23, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2008

Dear Guest

Reviewed November 17, 2008

Great experience! Low price, free breakfast, and super-friendly people! (I needed a printer, and the front-desk attendent was more than willing to help me out) Location is great too. We were able to jump right on the freeway, allowing us to be only minutes away from San Diego's attractions.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
sangu23, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2008

Dear Guest:

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 6195439944
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Property
Business manager

Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is the worst place I've ever stayed at. I wasn't expecting much due to the price, but you can still do way better than this place. I especially would not recommend this place if you come with kids.

From what I understand, all of the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking rooms. They claim they even charge you a $200 cleaning fee if your room smells like cigarettes. The first room they gave us we rejected because it completely wreaked of cigarettes. Not only is that disgusting in general, but my boyfriend is allergic to cigarette smoke and the mere scent is enough to give him miserable sinus headaches for days. As we were passing down the other rooms back to the front desk, we noticed the entire place smelled like cigarettes. They exchanged our room and we must have lucked out and got what was probably the only room in the motel that didn't stink. However, the next day we saw the maid literally smoking in one of the rooms she was cleaning. We came back that night, and sure enough our room smelled like cigarettes. They also randomly decided to deactivate our key that night. We went to the front desk and complained and they reactivated it, but they didn't bother giving an explanation.

There are stains all over the carpet. They supply you with ONE bar of soap for a 4-person room. They never gave me a receipt, so I guess I'll find out the hard way how much they decided to charge my card. They also don't bother giving you "do not disturb" signs and we were woken up the first morning we were there at like 7 am by some idiot who wouldn't quit banging on our door. It was not a good morning to deal with crackheads when the previous day we had driven all the way from San Francisco and didn't get there until 2:30 in the morning.

You have to pay for WiFi access. They have one computer near the front desk you can use that you also have to pay for, but you can't plug anything into the computer, so if you're working off of a flash drive, forget it.

The motel is located in what has to be the sketchiest part of San Diego. It's right next door to a strip club, so it naturally attracts all these sleazy men. A hoard of them were outside one night right near our room having a party in the parking lot smoking and downing whisky. I always found myself surprised when I got up the next morning and found our car was still where we left it.

This place is completely awful. Unless you're a dirty frat boy, I would not recommend it to ANYONE. You can find other places to stay in San Diego that are just as cheap and are surely a thousand times better.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank theh

Dear GUest

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount during your next stay.

When calling to make your reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6195439944

Reviewed October 3, 2008

No problem with the hotel at all, the staff were very friendly however did feel a little bit ripped off by the location. Made out that it was easy to find and close to seaworld, we spent over 3 hours trying to find it and stopped at over 10 places to ask if people knew where it was. This is a lot of time wasting when you are only in sandiego 2 days. We did find it eventually tucked away in a random unknown area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
sangu23, Business Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2008

Dear Guest:
If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Property
Business manager

Good Nite Inn Sea World !!

Reviewed September 17, 2008

I'm not sure what everyone's complaining about here? My husband, son and I just stayed here a week ago and for what we paid, this hotel exceeded our expectations!

Sure, the guy at the front desk was a little greasy looking, and had tattoos, but he was super helpful and very friendly! There was also another girl working in the morning who was very nice! I've stayed at ritzy hotels with classy looking staff that just ended up being snobby, so I was quite happy here!

There's a Denny's and a Jack in the Box right across the street. You get 10% off your bill at Denny's if you tell them you're staying here so that was a nice bonus. There's a big mall very close by that's definitely handy for picking up any necessities, or any food you might want to get.

Although the area does seem a little shady (strip club near by) we felt very safe there. There is a train station about a 10 minute walk away which was also very handy!

My only real complaint about this place was that yes, the walls were thin and we could hear the water running in the other rooms, but other than that it did the trick!

I'm really shocked that for the very minimal price you pay for this hotel, people complain about the fact that the ground is stained from the a/c, or that there's a strip club around the corner! For what we paid, we were very happy and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gniseaworld, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as you, feel welcome.

We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed September 4, 2008

My family and I (me, hubs and 2 young boys) recently stayed in the good nite inn at seaworld. The outside is in serious need of a renovation. We came in the middle of the night and there was nowhere to park, except for the seedy underground garage. Before stepping onto the elevator there was a huge puddle of liquid (lets hope it was water) that you had to walk through. Walked to our room which had a view of a kitchen appliance dealership and a junkyard. The ground of the hotel had so many stains from the antifreeze of the air conditioners. To our surprise the room was immaculately clean. The room was spaciious for all of us. The walls were pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors shower or sink on and off. No kid channels. Gets humid in the room.
This hotel is approxiametly 15 minutes from sea world. No shuttles. They do have a excellent delivery service in the area. I forgot to mention its block away from the body shop strip joint, adult shop.

As I mentioned before not kid friendly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
gniseaworld, General Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2008

It is through comments such as yours that we learn how to improve our hotel and make your stay more enjoyable. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the underground parking. We are currently working on improving the lighting so that our guest can feel safe. While we can’t change our location or the fact that there is a strip club a few blocks down we do try to separate ourselves from them. Many of the local businesses such as Denny’s, Jack-In-The Box, Staples, and the Hampton Inn are all in the same area and fight with the same issues of being close to the strip club. We do try to make our guest stay more enjoyable regardless of the location. We are continuing to always provide training for the staff. If you have any specific suggestions I look forward to hearing them.