“Friendly service!”

Ranked #96 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
california
“Friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

Great experience! Low price, free breakfast, and super-friendly people! (I needed a printer, and the front-desk attendent was more than willing to help me out) Location is great too. We were able to jump right on the freeway, allowing us to be only minutes away from San Diego's attractions.

• Liked — Location, Price, Service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
sangu23, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, December 3, 2008
Dear Guest:

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.
If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 6195439944
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Property
Business manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Oakland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is the worst place I've ever stayed at. I wasn't expecting much due to the price, but you can still do way better than this place. I especially would not recommend this place if you come with kids.

From what I understand, all of the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking rooms. They claim they even charge you a $200 cleaning fee if your room smells like cigarettes. The first room they gave us we rejected because it completely wreaked of cigarettes. Not only is that disgusting in general, but my boyfriend is allergic to cigarette smoke and the mere scent is enough to give him miserable sinus headaches for days. As we were passing down the other rooms back to the front desk, we noticed the entire place smelled like cigarettes. They exchanged our room and we must have lucked out and got what was probably the only room in the motel that didn't stink. However, the next day we saw the maid literally smoking in one of the rooms she was cleaning. We came back that night, and sure enough our room smelled like cigarettes. They also randomly decided to deactivate our key that night. We went to the front desk and complained and they reactivated it, but they didn't bother giving an explanation.

There are stains all over the carpet. They supply you with ONE bar of soap for a 4-person room. They never gave me a receipt, so I guess I'll find out the hard way how much they decided to charge my card. They also don't bother giving you "do not disturb" signs and we were woken up the first morning we were there at like 7 am by some idiot who wouldn't quit banging on our door. It was not a good morning to deal with crackheads when the previous day we had driven all the way from San Francisco and didn't get there until 2:30 in the morning.

You have to pay for WiFi access. They have one computer near the front desk you can use that you also have to pay for, but you can't plug anything into the computer, so if you're working off of a flash drive, forget it.

The motel is located in what has to be the sketchiest part of San Diego. It's right next door to a strip club, so it naturally attracts all these sleazy men. A hoard of them were outside one night right near our room having a party in the parking lot smoking and downing whisky. I always found myself surprised when I got up the next morning and found our car was still where we left it.

This place is completely awful. Unless you're a dirty frat boy, I would not recommend it to ANYONE. You can find other places to stay in San Diego that are just as cheap and are surely a thousand times better.

• Liked — They have about 10 channels. Comedy Central is one of them.
  • Disliked — Cigarette smell
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank theh
Dear GUest

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount during your next stay.

When calling to make your reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6195439944

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

gold coast, australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

No problem with the hotel at all, the staff were very friendly however did feel a little bit ripped off by the location. Made out that it was easy to find and close to seaworld, we spent over 3 hours trying to find it and stopped at over 10 places to ask if people knew where it was. This is a lot of time wasting when you are only in sandiego 2 days. We did find it eventually tucked away in a random unknown area.

• Liked — the staff at the front desk
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
sangu23, Business Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, October 8, 2008
Dear Guest:
If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Property
Business manager

Good Nite Inn Sea World !!
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

I'm not sure what everyone's complaining about here? My husband, son and I just stayed here a week ago and for what we paid, this hotel exceeded our expectations!

Sure, the guy at the front desk was a little greasy looking, and had tattoos, but he was super helpful and very friendly! There was also another girl working in the morning who was very nice! I've stayed at ritzy hotels with classy looking staff that just ended up being snobby, so I was quite happy here!

There's a Denny's and a Jack in the Box right across the street. You get 10% off your bill at Denny's if you tell them you're staying here so that was a nice bonus. There's a big mall very close by that's definitely handy for picking up any necessities, or any food you might want to get.

Although the area does seem a little shady (strip club near by) we felt very safe there. There is a train station about a 10 minute walk away which was also very handy!

My only real complaint about this place was that yes, the walls were thin and we could hear the water running in the other rooms, but other than that it did the trick!

I'm really shocked that for the very minimal price you pay for this hotel, people complain about the fact that the ground is stained from the a/c, or that there's a strip club around the corner! For what we paid, we were very happy and would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — PRICE!!! Great location
  • Disliked — The thin walls
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gniseaworld, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as you, feel welcome.

We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area.
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

My family and I (me, hubs and 2 young boys) recently stayed in the good nite inn at seaworld. The outside is in serious need of a renovation. We came in the middle of the night and there was nowhere to park, except for the seedy underground garage. Before stepping onto the elevator there was a huge puddle of liquid (lets hope it was water) that you had to walk through. Walked to our room which had a view of a kitchen appliance dealership and a junkyard. The ground of the hotel had so many stains from the antifreeze of the air conditioners. To our surprise the room was immaculately clean. The room was spaciious for all of us. The walls were pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors shower or sink on and off. No kid channels. Gets humid in the room.
This hotel is approxiametly 15 minutes from sea world. No shuttles. They do have a excellent delivery service in the area. I forgot to mention its block away from the body shop strip joint, adult shop.

As I mentioned before not kid friendly.

• Liked — the room was very clean
  • Disliked — the outside was enough to make you lock your car twice
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
gniseaworld, General Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 8, 2008
It is through comments such as yours that we learn how to improve our hotel and make your stay more enjoyable. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the underground parking. We are currently working on improving the lighting so that our guest can feel safe. While we can’t change our location or the fact that there is a strip club a few blocks down we do try to separate ourselves from them. Many of the local businesses such as Denny’s, Jack-In-The Box, Staples, and the Hampton Inn are all in the same area and fight with the same issues of being close to the strip club. We do try to make our guest stay more enjoyable regardless of the location. We are continuing to always provide training for the staff. If you have any specific suggestions I look forward to hearing them.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2008

Location close to restaurants, pharmacies, coffee shops. I was worried at first due to the past reviews, but I was quite surprise that my stay there with my cousin was very pleasant. We stayed on the third floor, the beds and pillows were comfortable. It was an old and dark room, but it was still okay especially for the price that we paid. Friday and Saturday night parking can be difficult as there are a lot of cars parked due to the adult entertainment complex just across the street, but no need to be alarmed.

Motel employees were very friendly and helpful. Other hotels and motels are more expensive around the area, but this place was decent and I would stay there again since I'm only there to sleep.

Over all, not bad at all!

• Liked — Comfy beds, close to attractions and excellent customer service
  • Disliked — Old musty rooms and tight parking
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
gniseaworld, Assistant General Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 3, 2008

Very respectfully,

Anthony DePaiva
Assistant General Manager
Edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2008

The hotel itself is ok and the front desk staff as well as the cleaning staff were very friendly. The rooms, although older, were relatively clean, however, there were some things needing repair. The plug in under the desk had four plug ins and only two worked. Luckily in my notebook bag I had an extension cord with additional plug ins therefore allowing me to charge the notebook, cell phone, Garmin GPS unit and Blackberry at the same time. The toilet seemed to continue making a refilling sound long after a flush but those were minor issues. The real issue for me was the wireless internet. When booking online from Canada, the most important requirement for picking a hotel was an internet conncection. The reason for coming to San Diego was to meet with a realtor and look at dozens and dozens of properties and an internet connnection to do research was paramount. Trying to log on was impossible. There was a 1-800 number for the tech support of the company the hotel contracts the internet service to but they were not very helpful. It was numerous phone calls to them as they kept trying different settings and eventually my call had to be elevated to a level 3 meaning a supervisor would have to call me back. Two days later and I still had not received a call back. To make sure it was not a computer problem I took the notebook to a Starbucks down the street and it worked fine there. As well, I went next door to the Hampton Hotel and in their lobby it worked fine again. But back at the Good Nite Inn, nothing, and no help from the tech support people. I think they want to blame the operating system "Vista". Very frustrating experience and whenever I asked if the manager was around of course the answer was no. Next time in San Diego I will stay next door at the Hampton.

Stayed February 2008
gniseaworld, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 9, 2008
Thank you for bringing to our attention about the WiFi problem you had encorded and with the surport team of the WiFi. We are looking into changing that company. I wished you had informed us of the problem while at the hotel. We gladly would have made the repairs or moved you and your family to more acceptable room. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected.

We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. I thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. You are indeed a valued customer to us. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Wally Weyde