“Great location for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld

Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld
Ranked #141 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great location for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Not a 3 star hotel at all, but it has a great location, close to everything San Diego. It's cheap and somewhat clean.

I'd only recommended for the budget traveler or someone that's looking for a cheap place to go to anything around that area.

There's a Denny's right next to it, but also a stripclub hahah (really). You can go anywhere really fast since it's close to the I-8/I-5 intersection.

Find good deals online for this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Onnan
Steven W, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as you, feel welcome.

We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I can't complain about anything really, as much as I am trying to find something to complain about, I can't! Reserved online, checked in around midnight, quick check in, staff did her job and got me my room. I was traveling alone, had two double bed room, the ac worked fine and wasn't super noisy but normal. This was room 253 btw incase you want to book that room, hehe. Everything was nice and clean, bed linens, restroom area. The room has a small fridge which is good incase you have anything you need to keep cool, food and more importantly, alcohol! Parking is a bit tight but they have the underground parking garage too, so plenty of space. Internet is not free so be prepared with your cc if you must have wifi. Plenty going on around the hotel, as it does say, sea world area. You're really close to old town san diego, the hillcrest night life(gay community), the beach, strip clubs, everything for everyones likes and needs! and above all the rooms are a bargain for that area! seriously why do I need to spend over 100/night to just sleep? Although in vegas I wouldn't even sleep but that's a whole other story and would be an acception to splurge a little more.

Room Tip: all rooms ive stayed when I go here have been on the 2nd floor and they have been great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Awsome staff, very helpfull and friendly. Was new in the city and the staff was very helpfull in getting us direction to all the attractions in the area. It was a great place the rooms were clean and the house keeping staff was friendly. Stayed for 4 day with a two year old. Would definitely come back and recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2012

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had to catch an early flight in the morning, so I chose to stay in the sea world area. Due to some unfortunate mistakes I made in booking another hotel, I end up with Good Nite Inn since there was no other hotels available anymore at night.

I checked in around 9pm. The person at the front desk charged me double the normal price of Good Nite Inn and 25 dollars deposit. The internet costs 4.25 dollars. In the room, there is a very tired air conditioner which makes huge noise. If you keep it on, there is no way you could fall asleep. If you keep it off, there is no way to have fresh air in.
I finally decided to turn it off to have a quiet night. But even the tired fridge would make amazing noise to keep people awake.

Apart from these, the tower near the sink had other people's hair. and the sink had some man's mustache (after shaving). Under the pillow, there were some dark spots (some traces of certain liquid) and other people's hair...

In the morning, the hotel front desk agreed to call me a taxi to the airport. However, it was not a normal taxi which has a meter. It was some agreement with some company so I had to pay 20 dollars just to go to the airport (It is even cheaper to take a taxi from the city center(which is much further away) to the airport ~17 dollars).

I would say this is by far my worst hotel experience. By all means, if you can book somewhere in the city, sincerely, avoid this place.

Room Tip: There is basically no good room in this Inn. Especially avoid it if you need to use air conditioner.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank haiyan4ever

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked this on hotwire.com, therefore was not able to read any of the reviews prior to booking. It wasn't as horrible as many reviewers made it out to be, however it is not the most amazing place i've ever stayed either. We checked in at 1am, the clerk was nice to me but pretty sarcastic to the guest calling the desk. I asked if there were any first floor rooms, as we had kids and lots of stuff with us and she said she doubted it. She explained there was an elevator, so that made me happy. We finally parked underground, unloaded our stuff and rolled it over to the elevator to be greeting with an "out of service" sign. Seriously?!?!? We then had to roll all our stuff up the garage ramp and then haul it up three flights of stairs. The room was clean, but very basic. Bedding was clean, tv was small but worked and housekeeping did a good job. The area is interesting, lots of stuff nearby (target, grocery store, etc) and it's close to all the places you want to be. I live in Vegas so the strip club down the street doesnt bother me or my kids...we see this stuff everywhere, all the time.

All in all, you get what you pay for...its a middle of the road, no frills, basic place to sleep at night. : )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank princessrtk

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of my room and the friendliness of the staff. I was a little scared based off of the reviews I had seen, but we decided to find out for ourselves. Our room smelled a little musty, but as soon as the a/c kicked on it went away. The grounds were clean and even though there are two freeways and a busy frontage road our stay was quiet for the three nights we were there. There are laundry facilities, the houskeeper was so nice, and if you ask at the front desk they will give you a hair dryer and let you use an ironing board. The girl at the front desk during check in was so nice and helpful, she reccommended several great places for us to eat and gave us directions. Yes there's an adult arcade a half a block away, but honestly that's a non-issue for me and we never saw anything unsavory. I will stay here again in a heartbeat, and I have already suggested it to my friends who will be traveling to San Diego soon. If you are looking for a place to store your stuff while you're out exploring and somewhere to shower and sleep, then this is perfect for that. If you want to lounge in your room and expect spa treatment then this isn't the place for you.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is awesome since the elevators were tiny.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although the price is great, the room is not... Not to mention worst location . I guess old saying of you get what you pay for is soooo true ! Do not stay in this hotel if you are looking for a family vaca with children . Trust me look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012