Humphreys Half Moon is really interesting. The grounds are simply beautiful, with trpoical plants, plams, ponds and carp. At night the lighting in the grounds is quite magical and the marina backdrop is stunning.
Our room entrance felt a bit like a motel, as you entered a separate block from the car park area (at first I felt a bit nervous that anyone from the street could know the door at night!). The room was very big, with a great little kitchenette and a really cosy lounge with patio doors that opened onto a ground floor balcony over looking the stage (yes the hotel has a small but cool music venue attached!) We also had a perfect view of the marina - great to watch the sunset.
The room was really clean, well presented. It was a little dated (but really that is just taste I think). The managers had seen that it was my husands birthday during our USA trip and had left a goody basket and birthday card - brilliant!
The swimming pool was gorgeous. We hate in the attached restuarant on the first night - the staff were a bit dopey. It was the only bad service we had the whole time we were in the US, it was a real contrast to the hotel staff who were great.
The location is tricky. It was great for views and only took 15 -20 mins to get to the Zoo and Sea World. It is directly across the water from downtown; this means as the sun goes down and lights come up you have great views of Downtown San Diego and the Naval base....but it isn't close to go into town at night and you would need to drive in.
All in I would reccommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complemented by arching palms and gentle ponds are Humphreys’ beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Many of our accommodations offer patios or balconies with stunning views of San Diego Bay or the dramatic skyline. All the amenities that you would find at a luxury resort are offered at Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites. Thoughtful conveniences include 42” HD flat panel TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, iron and boards, pay-per-view movies, in-room safes and free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Humphreys Half Moon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego