Humphreys Half Moon Inn
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$302
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$419
Orbitz.com
1,733 results
All reviewsshelter islandconcert venueputting greentropical feeltropical paradisekoi pondjunior suitepool areagarden viewping pongpoint lomahot tubresort feehotel groundsfull kitchensan diego baybike rentals
Reviewed May 25, 2006

We were also at Half Moon Inn the weekend of May 19th for three nights and had a great time. Our room was ready early and it was lovely. The place was full and there were a number of weddings but the staff was very nice and very accomodating. We did have to wait for a bell man when we arrived but at checkout we simply asked for a cart and there were plenty available. I was able to check out on the TV so I didn't have to wait in line. Room service was prompt and better than most hotels. The security was excellent and they were very good about not just giving out duplicate room keys if you lost one. The pool area is nice, pool bar is great and the place was very clean and well kept. I would absolutely stay again - in fact we made reservations to return before we left!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank TravelingDuo6
A TripAdvisor Member
SLO
Reviewed May 22, 2006

We stayed here last weekend, what a mistake. The check in time was way too long. There was only one person checking people in at 4:00 on a Friday. I waited in line for about 40 minutes before someone else came up from the back. When she started to get my info a lady walk up with some sunglasses from the gift shop she wanted to purchase. Apparently there isn't a cashier in the gift shop so the hotel employee proceeds to ask me to wait while she rang up the items! I couldn't believe it especially since I had been waiting in line for so long.

The hotel room was old and DINGY!!! There was a disgusting musty smell throughout the room, and the carpet was GROSS! We only had a shower in our room (Unfortunate for my son) which was very old and run down. The walls are paper thin. I did not get a wink of sleep because there were super noisy people upstairs. They didn't go to sleep until 2 am and woke up at 4:30am. I guess they were in a wedding and they had quite a few issues with communication. I know this because I heard everything they said, including the argument about necklaces at 5am!

We went to the rest. for breakfast. The wait was so long we asked if we could take the food to go since we were running late for an appt. We were told the only way we could take the food is if we ordered room service. I had a very hungry and upset 5-year-old and the staff did not seem to care.

When we were ready to check out I called the front desk for help. We were told the bell man doubles as the shuttle driver and he was not on there because he was driving the shuttle. When I went to get a cart there were none available...

We will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We stayed at Humphrey's 4 nights in April 2006. After 3 days in LA and Disney, we wanted a relaxing hotel near the bay/ocean with a pool, and after reading reviews of most of the other hotels in the area, Humphrey's really stood out, and after staying there, I have to agree with the glowing recommendations of this hotel.

It's located on San Diego Bay on Shelter Island, near the airport (but not in the flight path, so noise isn't an issue). Getting in an around is very easy and convienient. There are lots of good looking restaurants around, but we didn't get to try any.

The Hotel is in a Polynesian theme with alot of lush vegetation on the grounds. We had a ground floor room facing the inner courtyard, near the pool. We were also near the fish pond and the parrots (which my young kids loved). There were also several families of ducks wandering around the grounds, which the kids loved feeding.

There are nice activities on the grounds, including a very nice heated pool, jacuzzi, croquet, and a putting green, plus San Diego bay is across the street for a nice walk and view of downtown San Diego.

The rooms are large, and well appointed, with an ironing board, refrigerator, and curling iron.

We had room service, and the entrees were a little pricey, but the food was very good.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

We had a problem with our refrigerator, but we called maintenance and it was fixed a short time later.

We wanted a beautiful, comfortable and relaxing hotel in San Diego, and this Hotel more than delievered.

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank damj
Reviewed April 30, 2006

As frequent San Diego visitors, my husband and I searched for a location that would provide a different vacation experience than our previous business hotels had provided. When reserving our room I mentioned to the reservationist that we would be celebrating an anniversary. When checking in we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were upgraded to a beautiful suite with a harbor view and found a bottle of champagne waiting! We enjoyed the view from our spacious patio and felt the tropical feel of the grounds and resort to be relaxing and a pleasant departure from our usual high rise accomodations. Guess we got caught up in the tropical theme! I enjoyed a long walk along the Shelter Island waterfront each morning of our stay. The suite was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated with a couch, fridge and microwave, and up to date bath facilities. Although we didn't use the pool/cabana area because of the season, it was lush and inviting. The concierge and front staff were available and helpful. We certainly will keep this on our short list of San Diego hotels.

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank nls1330
Reviewed April 16, 2006

We spend four days there and was impressed by the Property. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The property is only 10 minutes from Sea World, and the Airport and only 15 minutes from the Zoo. A nice place the relax and to enjoy the view. We would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2006