I've stayed in other locations in San Diego - downtown and on Mission Bay - so was excited about staying in a new neighborhood. The location of the hotel was wonderful! Right across the street from my room was a walking path along the Bay. It was a beautiful way to start - and end - the day. As I was on Eastern Time waking up on the Pacific Coast, I found myself up at about 3:00 each morning, and felt completely safe walking alone along the Bay until the rest of the city awoke.
Yes, the walls are thin and I heard every intimate detail of the lives of the people above me. But, I didn't hear any airplanes, which was a surprise being so close to the airport.
I was there for a week for a conference and relied on a shuttle to take me to the Convention Center downtown so I didn't rent a car. Having no car - and no desire to spend $20 each way taking a taxi into the heart of the city - made it difficult finding dinner on nights when there were concerts at Humphrey's. Walking to the "mainland", I was able to find Miguel's, a nice Mexican restaurant (nothing to write home about but good food and interesting decor). Be prepared to walk quite a distance to find food when the hotel's restaurant is reserved for concert-goers.
Overall, the room was comfortable, the service was great, and the location was beautiful.
On my last night at Humphrey's, I attended a concert on the grounds and thoroughly enjoyed the intimate setting on the Bay. Coming from the sweltering MidWest, I was anticipating an outdoor setting to become rather uncomfortable as the sun set, but was delighted to experience a cool musical evening without mosquitos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complemented by arching palms and gentle ponds are Humphreys’ beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Many of our accommodations offer patios or balconies with stunning views of San Diego Bay or the dramatic skyline. All the amenities that you would find at a luxury resort are offered at Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites. Thoughtful conveniences include 42” HD flat panel TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, iron and boards, pay-per-view movies, in-room safes and free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Humphreys Half Moon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego