Stayed at Humphrey's from 24th March-28th March and the service there is excellent. Free hot coffee at the lobby, internet access, a helpful concierge and everything else you can imagine. The hotel itself is small and modest, but the decor (especially in the lobby) is tropical and beautiful. The rooms look a little old and need an uplift (especially the bathrooms) but the beds and pillows were really comfortable. We had a room by the pool and it was quite noisy until 11pm (when the pool closes). Did not notice any noise from the neighbours (like some people have mentioned), it was pretty quiet even though the hotel was full during the Easter weekend.
The restaurant is so-so, not outstanding food, price was over-average.
Bali-hai, recommended on the hotel's website was a joke. They cannot seem to decide between Californian, Portuguese , Hawaiian and Asian cuisine. Overpriced as well. Room service was slow, order was mixed up and we were charged twice of what we should have paid for. Food was not spectacular.
Shelter Island is a lovely place to stay if you have your own mode of transport. (the hotel itself has free parking) If not, it can get pretty tedious trying to get downtown. It is not far, just laboured with too many lights and very slow driving.
The hotel itself may have its faults but it is without a doubt, charming.
The front desk during the day is lovely and helpful but the night staff is often just young men who lack professionalism.
Bottomline: If you are looking for a resort-like place of average quality,
this is it. Marriott, it is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complemented by arching palms and gentle ponds are Humphreys’ beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Many of our accommodations offer patios or balconies with stunning views of San Diego Bay or the dramatic skyline. All the amenities that you would find at a luxury resort are offered at Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites. Thoughtful conveniences include 42” HD flat panel TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, iron and boards, pay-per-view movies, in-room safes and free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego