Humphreys Half Moon Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Point Loma(San Diego)
Dolphin Motel(San Diego)
1,724 results
All reviewsshelter islandconcert venueputting greentropical feeltropical paradisekoi pondjunior suitepool areagarden viewping pongpoint lomahot tubresort feehotel groundsfull kitchensan diego baybike rentals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and each night there was a concert. Olivia Newton John, Chicago, Doobie Bros. Not so bad listening to the music in your room but the aftermath goes on with roadies clearing away and one off concert attenders clearing off the car park. The tour buses parked in the car park with generators running all night dont help.Another issue as a guest parking your car with all spaces occupied by concert goers. Dont get a room on the car park side its hell. The rooms are fine and well appointed but i would not stay here with young kids or during concert periods. The restaurant is also "unavailable" during concert evenings. They need to decide what they are as IMHO hotel guests are secondary to concert goers. wont be back soon.

Room Tip: Any room starting 400 up or by the pool. Not car park side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BazzaA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the third time we've visited Humphrey's using their concert package. The room this time was really great. We were in Building A. The concert venue was right outside out door and we only had a short walk to the restaurant (see my review - its the only bad part of this package). The bed was very comfortable with an large assortment of pillows. There was a microwave and fridge, a sofa and several chairs, and 2 TVs (one you could see from the bed, one from the sofa). The bathroom is large and was very clean. I love the hotel!
We had 3rd row seats for the concert. But the set up is so good that we weren't blow away by the sound- yet it was obvious that even those at the back could hear everything. I don't think there is a bad seat in the whole venue!
They also provide free shuttle pick up and drop off at the airport!

Room Tip: Building A is close to both the concert venue and the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldtravelfreek
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My daughter and I booked this trip in January 2012.We paid for a garden room at over $200.00 per night. Our first night there a music video was being filmed outside our room at 11:00 PM. After 3 complaints to the night auditor and several arguments with him, security finally had the production company leave at 12:30 AM. Asked to speak to manager the next day, was told she was not in. They offered the room for free for that night. Spoke to the manager at checkout, she was almost as rude as the night auditor. I called the corporate office twice, and asked to speak with General Manager. I only received a call back from the original manager who left a message on my answering machine. With all the beautiful hotels by the water in San Diego, I'm sure they value their guest experience. Do not stay at this hotel unless you DON'T want to get any rest, or a sincere apology.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ShereeC626
HHMI, Guest Relations Manager at Humphreys Half Moon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I am truly sorry we were not able to make this guest happy. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable, relaxing experience for all of our guests and obviously did not do so in this case. We had a Grammy award winning artist filming a new music video at our hotel during their stay. The filming did run a little over, but they wrapped up and were gone by 11:30 pm. While the daughter who booked the reservation expressed to us that they were not bothered by the production, the mother was not pleased with the activity. As soon as this was brought to our attention, the crew packed up immediately. We tried our best to make the guest happy by comping their room for the night. I personally listened to the guest's feedback and sincerely and earnestly apologized for the inconvenience. I love my job and love making our guests happy and am truly disappointed that we were not able to make the situation right for her. I attempted to follow up with her yet never received a return call.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband surprised me for my birthday with tickets to see Jewel in concert at Humphrey's. It was a wonderful time. We had a view of the ocean and downtown San Diego. The staff was friendly. The room was clean and large. The bed and pillows were so comfortable!! The only complaint which isn't really a big deal... The sink area where I put my make up on wasn't light very well.But again that's not a big deal. Loved that our hotel room was right where the concert was so we could go to our room to use the restroom. The grounds were lovely and relaxing. Looking forward to going there again soon. Oh the nice thing was how close to the airport it was and how easy it was to get around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the last hotel of our 40-day road trip and we loved this place.
The suit we got overlooked the huge pool and beautiful garden. The kitchen was a bit outdated, but we never used it. Being around the sailing boats always makes me happy, and in this place you are really next to the harbor which is full of sailing boats.
(Only 10 min drive to downtown and airport)

Service is great, you can use their bikes for free, also the use of the ping-pong table, putting green and croquet field is free and enjoyable.

The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. We didn't have problems with locking our balcony doors as I read in another review.

Could really recommend people to go here.

If you stay here on a sunday, be aware the breakfast closes early.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family