Had 2 rooms (792-793) on Hibiscus Lane. We booked for 3 nights
(Sept 6-7-8). Was very specific and had requested way in advance for adjoining renovated rooms having heard some of the comments on Trip Advisor. Check in experience on the night of 9/6/06 should have forewarned me. The rooms are so oudated, carpets are so badly stained, grout dirty, toilets espcially behind the toilet seat grimy. We always bring Lysol and clean for ourselves anyway., but this was too much .The beds were very high to reach. The furniture including nightstands were extremely small and the armoire needed major repainting. When I complained about the condition of the 2 rooms, the front desk said this was the "rustic look". Looked filthy and worn down to me. Very different from what the web-site looked.
If you are in to the "Cottage worn-down distressed look", this is the place for you. As far as I was concerned the rooms needed MAJOR renovation and upkeep.
The new conference hall (Sunset Ballroom) where we had our meeting is beautiful and sparklingly clean. The deck facing the bay was gorgeous. Alas if only the guest rooms were of the same class and vintage, we would have stayed all the 3 nights.
We just couldn't stand it so we had to hassle & check out the next day and stayed at the nearby Hilton San Diego Resort which was cleaner, brighter and easier to manage. The Hilton San Diego Resort was just purchased by the same owner of the Paradise Point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego