My family of four just returned from a week at Paradise Point Resort in San Diego (12/26-1/1/06). The grounds are beautifully landscaped...a lush and tropical feel embraces you the minute you drive into the resort. They had Christmas lights up and twinkling all over the resort and my 5-yr-old loved them. The staff was very helpful. We arrived 4:30 p.m. on Monday and needed to find a grocery store to buy formula and diapers for my 9 month old. The bellhop gave us a copy of directions to most major attractions in the area. We used these directions every day! They are wonderful and much more reliable than my interpretations of a map! We received an ample supply of towels every day. Good considering that the air on Mission Bay is always damp. Nothing will dry completely. Surprisingly, we never received new glasses. Mugs, yes, but glasses, no.
The bungalows are charming, but they do need some additional remodelling. However, the staff was attentive to our concerns; our bathtub was slow-draining and by day 2 that had been fixed. The walls are thin.
We had a lovely location, with our Adirondack chairs facing the lights of the Pacific Beach area and the bay. While the pools are heated, they are not really warm enough to swim in. My 5-yr-old swam twice, but only for brief amounts of time; this was a huge disappointment for us as we were assured they would be warm enough. I cannot comment on either restaurant, as we didn't eat there. I had read enough comments about seagulls to know that would completely gross me out. And let's face it, with two young kids who wants to waste that kind of money??
Overall, an enjoyable stay. Probably would stay there again if our kids were older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego