When I pay this much for a Spring Break resort for my family, I certainly don't want to be fooled. I felt "fooled" everytime I turned around here.
From the $18 NON-VALET parking charge per night to the $2.25 soda machine price, this place is out to squeeze you. They charge $10/day for high-speed internet, and nick you for $9 for the mini-golf course. I guess my $350+ room charge is just for the room! What does my daily "resort fee" cover?!
Sloppy service at the restaurant; daily complaints about the myriad cig butts outside of our unit failed to motivate housekeeping to clean them.
Having stayed at many resorts in AZ, FL, HI, and CA through the years, I found that this was the one where I paid the most and got the least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Prestigia, TravelUp, Travelocity, HotelPower, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego