Paradise Point Resort & Spa
$209
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$194
$188
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$205
$183
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$195
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$311
$226
$161
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

$236
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$376
$209
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

5,392 results
All reviewsbarefoot bar and grillbayside bungalowcaveman pizzatidal restaurantmain poolmission baysea worldfire pitbike rentalstennis courtsconference centerbeautiful propertyfamily vacationla jollapoolsduckshawaii
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel not knowing much about it other than the massive amount of reviews written for it.

The price was an issue at first, but I went the weekend after Comic Con and my choices in San Diego hotels were minimal.

The hotel sits on what seems to be a man made island. The grounds are beautiful with plenty of Palm trees, flowering trees and plenty of ponds throughout. The rooms from the outside are nothing fancy but the architecture is appropriate for the landscape. The inside has modern furniture and an extremely large bathroom. I found the place a bit dirty, but I'm a clean freak so not many hotels meet my expectations. So if you think the room is going to be immaculate. It won't. Our cleaning lady was nineteen years old. Imagine? I think for the prices more experienced help might make a difference. With that said, the place is beautiful to walk around and enjoy the famous san diego sunsets and the sea world fireworks. The fire pits along the bay are first come, first serve. They are usually reserved by the rooms if front of them. The guests put their personal items on them so it's difficult to get a fire pit if your room is not near the beach areas. Ours was 20 feet away and we still could not get one on any of the three nights. On the other hand you have plenty of heated pools and jacuzzis to enjoy. Last, the staff is very nice and professional and very helpful. Liked that. Oh and the food is absolutely wonderful. Some stuff is very pricey like the alcohol so be careful.

A bit pricey, the dirty rooms, and the lack of fire pits did not effect in any way the amount of fun we had on the grounds, the pools and the beach and restaurants. We'll be back next summer.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Rosa C
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Rosa, thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to hear the details of your recent visit and that you’re already planning to join us again next summer! Your kind comments regarding Paradise Point’s tropical grounds, friendly staff, pools and restaurants are greatly appreciated, as is your feedback on housekeeping, where we will look to improve. We regret hearing that you were unable to enjoy a night next to one of the fire pits that surround the island, and hope you utilize them on your next visit. While they are first come, first served, we encourage guests to share and socialize. We look forward to having you as our guest again in 2015.

Best,
David Hall

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We recently stayed with my daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren. I had booked the bayside bungalow and a lanai garden room nine months prior to our visit. The day of check in, the bungalow was ready, but not the garden room. After multiple calls to the front desk, we were given what was supposed to be a comparable room. It was small, with a queen bed, and two tiny windows. We had to get to the management level before it was resolved. I received multiple calls the next day asking if I was satisfied with the new room. We found the staff reactive rather than proactive in solving issues. Employees did not seem that excited about their work and it came across in their tone when answering questions and giving information. Paradise Point charges as a 4 star resort, but the customer service and amenities were more of a 3 star hotel. There was only one restaurant where we could feed the little ones (which was reasonable), but we did have to visit stores off property.

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife, toddler and I spent the Canadian long weekend at Paradise Point. It was an excellent getaway, and an ideal place to go with a family - especially with younger kids. The grounds and beach are beautifully maintained. The room was nice; the bathroom was a little bit in need of a renovation, but I understand they do this on a rotating basis, and that more recently renovated rooms are available.

Pros:
-5 pools. One is adult only, and another has a "cantina". Good thing, too...staying hydrated is important!
-Location - easy access to and from the airport, Old Town and Sea World, and to the highways that will take you anywhere else in the city (we did have a rental car).
-Drive up bungalow - such a plus with the number of items you find yourself carrying when travelling as a family. Having to run out to the car for something is more of a chore when it involves an elevator.
-Amenities - to put it simply, if you didn't want to leave the property for a weekend, or a few days, you wouldn't need to. Everything is there.

Suggestions:
-There are a number of food outlets on the property, but only Caveman Pizza takes food orders over the phone. I'm sure they have their reasons for this, but, since it is co-located with the beachfront bar, it seems logical that they could make the takeout menu a little more diverse. This was highlighted for us, as my wife is gluten intolerant. She couldn't eat the pizza, but there were items on the other menus that she could have enjoyed.
-This is a truly family-friendly resort, but the room we had was not laid out with an adventuresome 18 month old in mind. This is probably a comment that the hotel industry in general could benefit from. One minute he was in the fridge (right at his height) the next he was pushing the buttons on the safe, the next, he was in a near collision with the sharp end of the desk, which was right at forehead-height for him. I would happily pay a premium for an environment that had kids in mind, from that perspective, and had put things like the fridge and safe out of reach (IE, we were afraid to use the safe in case he found a way to lock our passports in there!).

If they need an adventuresome toddler to test such an environment, I can make one available.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Came in for 4 days during the beginning of August and checking in was a pain. Booked four rooms a whole two months in advance and only two were in their books, eventually with a bit of talking with the manager we did get four rooms. I will say the staff was very professional and polite everywhere we met them and that this place would be great for young families, also the beach front was very nicely maintained. HOWEVER, this hotel is clearly not being maintained very well and needs for someone to come in and do some upkeep. My bathroom was disgusting and starting to look very outdated, I could not get the shower to get hot or even warm at 8am. The room was pretty nice and included a large LCD TV. The internet was lousy and slow, I had to use wireless the whole time because the Ethernet in my room was not connected, there was a cable though so maybe they were just temporarily for my entire stay?

Final gripes, the pool area had a broken latch to the gate going in, one of the restaurants in the resort (I'm looking at you Caveman Pizza) was built as an afterthought and shoved into a dark corner with a very terrible seating area, if you do want the pizza just order it to your room instead. Or better yet just order some regular delivery pizza it will taste better and be cheaper. I've stayed here many times in the past and it's defiantly not as nice as it used to be, I hope the owners address these problems because I really used to enjoy this place.

Room Tip: The 590-605 rooms are near the pool, a lagoon (pictured) and also close the beach, not quite beachfront but they are also a good deal cheaper because of this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were very anxious coming here because I saw some of the worst trip advisor reviews ever after we booked.

The room was a really good size and they look nice on the surface. Ours looked like it had been painted recently. It's a little rustic. The beds were big and comfortable. The room we stayed in was a garden room. The bathroom was basic and more like a self catering apartment than what you'd expect in a 4 star. It all looked like it had been cleaned well overall but the cleaner had obviously left some long black hair on the wall and not wiped them off which was a shame because it was one of the first things I noticed. The floor was swept every day but not mopped and our feet got pretty dirty. The fridge was noisy at night And the aircon was too noisy to have on at night but we didn't need it. However overall, with the space, garden, car outside, it was great for what we needed. The kids loved it. I did not see one cobweb, bug or anything else.

People couldn't have been any friendlier, guests and staff alike.

The pools are plenty and one pretty much opposite our room. It never got too crowded and we didn't feel the need to go to the other pools. I don't know why they charge for mini golf, it seems a bit unnecessary.

The gardens are beautiful and reminded me of the Carribean.

Location wise it is pretty good. Old town is about 10 mins I the car, mission beach five mins, sea world across the bridge and you can watch the fireworks from the end of the road. La Jolla about 15 minutes drive. Great for exploring San Diego.

It is not perfect but i don't think it deserves the slating it has got in some reviews. It wouldn't take much for it to be a full 4 star. At the moment it is a really decent three star.

1  Thank Elizabeth B