“Love this resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Love this resort”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Such friendly staff from the beginning to the end the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are lovely. They have a nice beach. You can view and hear the Sea World fireworks. We have have coming here for years and my kids rate this as one of their favorite hotels.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly.
1 Thank Robin S
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Robin, thank you for your continued business and exceptional review of Paradise Point. We’re thrilled to hear you continue to enjoy your family vacations at our San Diego resort next to SeaWorld. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us year after year and look forward to your next visit.

David Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (988)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Culver City, California
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our family recently stayed at Paradise Point because while one in the family was attending Comic-Con, the rest of us wanted to have some fun too! This was our 5th visit to the property over the past 15 years. This time we didn't even leave the property for our three day stay. So much to do - spa visits, pool time, boat time, Segway and surrey rentals and delicious dining! Their new Tidal restaurant was superb! We didn't get to the putting green or tennis courts, which we had planned to do. Beautiful room overlooking the bay. We had a couple of issues in the room - a/c unit leaking and shower head broke - but the staff responded immediately and replaced both units quickly with no disruption. All the staff we encountered made it a point to make sure that we were their priority. I'm sure we will be back!

Room Tip: Great variety of room types, but our favorites are the rooms that open on to the bay. Nice patio ar...
1 Thank CChase2214
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We enjoyed this quick trip but would like to bring back our family and get two cottages but the regular cost is astronomical and we were on a special when we came. I believe it's less to go to Maui. Beach and pool are gdreat, we just had some duck poop in one of the pools but oh well.

Room Tip: Some are quieter with the garden back drop along the green belt. The ones right on the bay are grea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryv877
Perris, California
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Mynhusband and i live in SoCal and like to take one night vacations. We decided on Paradise point as the grounds looked fantastic for our 2 yr old son. We initially booked a garden view suite, but upon reading reviews about moldy smells we ended up upgrading to a ocean view suite! It was beautiful!! No moldy smell and the room literally opened up onto the sand. It was great to open the double doors and let our son play in the sand and water. We unpacked then went to the main pool. The pool bar/food was shut down that day. Big bummer. We went back to the room hungry and ready to order room service and they only have pizza for room service. Another big big bummer. We ended up going to Tidal and it was good, not many options for kids and very pricey for again just good food. Not great. Overall our room was extremely impressive the grounds were nice, the staff super friendly, and the food was good. I doubt we go back but glad we tried it out.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stacey R
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Happy belated birthday Stacey! We sincerely appreciate you choosing to celebrate the occasion with us, and for taking the time to write about your first visit to Paradise Point. It sounds like most aspects of our hotel exceeded your expectations, and that the only area we fell short was dining. The hotel has six distinct dining venues, including the poolside Tropics Cantina, which can close early due to inclement weather, and Caveman Pizza Company for in-room dining or grab and go. Caveman offers an assortment of salads and sandwiches in addition to pizzas. We hope to have you as our guest again so you have the chance to visit these and our other waterfront restaurants.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We are a family of 4 from the UK and our travel agent booked this for us. We were worried when we read the trip advisor reviews before arriving. They were not good.
We spent three nights here before flying back to London. We stayed in lanai superior garden rooms - make sure you ask for a view or you may get a carpark.
The resort is well laid out and our rooms were great - large, big comfortable beds, plenty of space. Good bath and wash facilities. Yes, a little 80's tired but nevertheless well equipped and comfortable.
There are several pools and plenty of space. We always found a lounger or three
There is a great boat hire pontoon with sail boats, jet skis, paddle boards, speed boats etc. very helpful and friendly staff.
We spent three days happily messing about.
The resort is well located for seaworld if you feel the restock there (we did go and we're very disappointed!).
The food at the tidal restaurant was excellent. My wife is a chef and gave it the thumbs up. Praise indeed.
On the down side: below average and indifferent service and the long wait to check in was unnecessary.
Overall we were happy here.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tim M
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I did not listen to the reviews before me and wish I had. We paid a total of $419 average daily rate with parking and taxes and resort fees -for a room that is worth about $150 anywhere else. At that rate, we could have (almost) stayed at the Ritz. The room smells musty and is old. I'm assuming the price is so high due to the easy access to the beach, etc. Overall we had a good time but won't go back. We've stayed in Coronado for about a $1000 less for better accommodations and better beaches. The staff is friendly and helpful. And just note that the beach is private ...which is nice...but it is on a cove on the bay side. No open ocean or waves. Seaweed and views of the highway.

Room Tip: Get the cheapest room because the expensive rooms are not worth it.
2 Thank Cyndi H
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed July 28, 2014

What terrible service and what a disappointment. I do not recommend this place.

First impression: The grounds are beautiful. Location is gorgeous.

Then it all went downhill. Here's the highlights:

NEED BETTER SIGNAGE:
We had driven for 10 hours and arrived at 4:30. The grounds are not marked clearly so we had a difficult time determining where the check in desk was. When we finally found it, there were so many cars lined around the small circular drive that it appeared there was a line of cars waiting for valet. We waited in this "line". No one greeted us, no one came outside. Tired of waiting, we finally we just double parked the car so we could figure out how to get checked in. Apparently there is a parking lot hiding around the corner! A sign indicating this would have been helpful.

CHECK IN:
Our room was supposed to be ready no later than 4pm. Upon check-in, we were told it was not ready. Seriously? After a 10 hour car ride, I want to get into my room. We were not early, there is no excuse for that other than poor planning on their part.

STINKY ROOMS:
Get checked in, and discover there is an odd odor coming from the bathrooms when you run the water either in the sink or take a shower. Smells like sulfur. I had a group of friends staying, there, and in a total of 4 rooms (spread at all corners of this "resort") they ALL smelled like this. We were tempted to request a different room, but after learning that they all smelled, there was no point.

TERRIBLE DINING SERVICE:
I was there for a wedding (which was gorgeous!). That night, we had the rehearsal dinner and the service was AWFUL. It took the server nearly an hour just to greet us and take our drink order. Then it was another hour before the server came back to take our dinner order. If I hadn't been there for my friend's wedding, I would have left.

TERRIBLE SERVICE:
The next day I needed a golf cart to cab me over to the bridal suite to get ready.
I called at 9am requesting that a cart pick me up at 12pm. The front desk clerk informed me that they don't take reservations, simply because "it's not necessary. All you have to do is call 5 minutes prior to when you want to be picked up, and we have SO many carts here that someone will be at your room within 5 minutes." Okay. I get ready, and call for a cart once I'm ready to go.
I wait for 30 MINUTES without anyone showing up. I have to call the front desk again to see if anyone is coming for me. I am now late to the bridal suite. The gal says she will check with the drivers and let me know. She calls back to say someone is on their way. I wait another 15 MINUTES before anyone shows up. Unbelievably, no one - not the front desk clerk when I expressed my frustration -- nor the late driver -- NO ONE apologized for the inconvenience.
Now I look like the jerk who shows up late to the bridal suite even though I did everything I could, and should have arrived on time.
In sum, don't tell your guests that you will provide a service that you can't. That's what made this worse.

RUDE AND INHOSPITABLE:
To make matters worse, I came down with a terrible cold and was stuck in bed the next couple days of my stay there. This place has multiple restaurants on site. I called the front desk to see if I could possibly order some soup to be delivered to my room because I was sick and stuck in bed.
The first gal was kind, and empathized, and said that absolutely, there was one restaurant that had soup and could deliver, or if they didn't, she would see to it that they had someone bring a microwave to my room because their gift shop sold cans of soup and I could heat some up in there. Now i was feeling impressed by this.
She connected me to the gift shop, but after speaking with them, he told me they had no soup. he said the restaurant would deliver some. Okay.
Now I'm connected to the restaurant. The gal at the restaurant listens to my request and story, and says, "Who told you we deliver soup?" She sounded angry. "We don't deliver soup. We only deliver pizza and salami sandwiches". Okay, that's nice, but guess what, I'm a guest and she should not have been speaking to me that way. She can go yell at whomever employee she wants, but all I'm trying to do is get some soup because I'm sick. Her solution was for me to walk myself down to there restaurant. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. (my room was FAR from the restaurant.) Did she not just hear me tell her that I was so sick I can't get out of bed? She just listened to all the steps I've been through, and all the people I've spoken to, and she can't make an EXCEPTION.

Talk about hospitality. I could not wait to get out of there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Leecee73
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Leecee73, we appreciate the detailed review from your June stay. We’re very sorry to hear that your visit did not get off to a positive start and that you continued to encounter many issues throughout your time here. We sincerely apologize for these inconveniences and regret that the atypical hiccups in customer service led you to have a wrongful impression of the hotel. As confirmed by many of the other reviews here on TripAdvisor, our service is usually very prompt and friendly. Our hope is that you were still able to enjoy the wedding festivities at the resort and that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future so we can show you the award-winning service we are known for.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels