I stayed here as a kid way back when it was the Princess resort and I remember loving it. 20 some years later I actually live in SD but my family stayed here for a weekend in May for my law school graduation. Even though I live twenty minutes from this resort, it felt like I was on my own vacation when I was here! The property is huge and is gorgeous on the bay. We went standup paddle boarding and rented a surrey (the multi-person bikes) which was a lot of fun. I thought the pools were nice, but the jacuzzis seem to work off and on, not sure what's up with that.
The rooms my family had were clean, for what it's worth (I see that some of the comments did not have that experience). You can definitely tell the buildings themselves are old, but the inside was updated and nice. My family really enjoyed their stay.
We also had a private dinner party at the restaurant Tidal and it was great - the staff was phenomenal and food was delicious. They really made the special occasion extra great.
As far as the actual location, for those of you that don't live in San Diego like myself haha, the best course of action would be to rent a car. This location is great but you need a car to get almost anywhere if you want to sight see. It's close enough to Sea World to take a cab that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, but if you want to go most places around the rest of the city a car is necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego