“Nice and unusual”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Nice and unusual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I went there for a work conference, held in the Conference Center and those facilities were very nice. The food they served was good. I had never stayed in a resort like this, with bungalow rooms, in the USA. Only in Europe. So, it was a very nice change of pace. The one thing that seemed to be lacking was security. I didn't see a single person in uniform walking around the property, although there were plenty of hotel staff around. The beachfront rooms were nice - although mine was back aways from the beach, which was good because I don't like the noise. The room was pretty comfy even with the tile floors. Because i knew I would be sharing a room with another person, I asked for 2 beds in the room but they had none. But, what they did have was a hideaway couch bed. We took turns sleeping on it - it wasn't comfortable! Not a big issue though. The discounted room rate was about $235 with tax. The non-discounted was probably $300 or more per day...rather expensive, and I don't think this hotel is on Priceline so if you're looking for an affordable getaway, this might not be your first choice. There were a lot of families with kids staying there, although other than the rental bikes I'm not sure there was much for kids to do other than just go on the beach. They do have fridges in the rooms so if you bring a microwave or a portable barbecue, you can just eat in every night.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the noise of the beach you can get a room right on the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leon020201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I came here for a personal development training and that was the best place I never been in a resort. Services was very warm and staffs are very welcoming. Top quality service each time I had to call for anything I needed, very efficient. A paradise for wedding, couple or family vacation.

1 Thank CCloutier50
Graham, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I was not happy upon getting here. Did not get the room we reserved BUT one phone conversation and the next day we were set up with what we reserved and more. They listened and was very concerned about our problem. We could not be happier and for sure will be back!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank tex1330
Santee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Samantha was so helpful during the booking process. She had answers to all my questions. She even set up a time for me to visit the rooms before I booked so I knew what I wanted to reserve. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's beautiful and a perfect get away. THANK YOU SAMANTHA for all your help! Hopefully John and I will be back for another stay soon.

Room Tip: I would book the bayview room because it's so beautiful.
1 Thank Alyssa S
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Alyssa, thank you for the five-star review of Paradise Point! We’re delighted to hear that our friendly reservations agent Samantha went above and beyond during your booking experience. We hope your recent vacation is the first of many spent at our island resort, as it would be our pleasure to have you and John as our guests again.

Best,
David Hall
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Well, hotel is located on the heart of Mission Bay where is close to the beaches, airport, downtown, next to Sea World...
We stayed 5 nights. Very nice place, very well educated/behaved employees, many pools, jacuzzis, restaurants, bar, shopping center, fitness, trees, birds, bonfire, yachting, canoeing... Like it's name, it was a paradise.
I absoutely recommend this hotel. Thank you Paradise Point :)

Room Tip: You may check the room before actually check in the hotel. Therefore I recommend you to check the ro...
2 Thank tunca
Graham, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in 2011 and loved it so booked for this week several months ago. We requested king bed and pull out couch with room by the water. When we arrived we were told (1) we owed another $350 because their summer rates were now in effect and (2) there was a big wedding so they couldn't give us king bed and could not have room by the water. The lobby was a madhouse so we just took our key and went to the room. My husband sent a message to the manager who called our room in a matter of minutes. It was late so we decided to stay in the room that night, but they agreed to move our things into an upgraded room the next day. We just got back from a day in Hollywood and when we got back to the resort around 10:30 we picked up our key to our new room. Wow. A very roomy junior suite! We are impressed and especially appreciate the manager doing more than just apologizing. That, my friends, is customer service. We are now customers for life and will recommend this resort to our friends. By the way, it is a beautiful place.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank sonyaj68
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed 2 nights while at a conference. It is a beautiful place, but is spread out over the island it is on so be prepared for not being very close to all things. The best part of the stay was the various bellmen that drove the golf carts around and were always prompt and helpful. As to my room, it was very worn. I noticed stains immediately and it was somewhat dusty. The bed was not very comfortable and was likely not very new. The toilet stopped up and was likely stopped up when I checked in since it flowed at a trickle (which I at first thought was just part of a super low flow mechanism). The view from the bars/restaurants is very nice. This is a spectacular piece of property but does need updating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Wit-E-Tex
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing details of your recent business stay at Paradise Point. We’re glad to hear that the bellmen were able to assist you throughout your visit, and that you loved the bay views from the Barefoot Bar & Grill and our new restaurant Tidal. Your comments regarding the issues with your guestroom are greatly appreciated, as they will help us increase the comfort of future guests. We apologize that you encountered a few problems in this area, but hope that the highlights of your visit will bring you back for another stay, whether for business or pleasure.

Best,