I went there for a work conference, held in the Conference Center and those facilities were very nice. The food they served was good. I had never stayed in a resort like this, with bungalow rooms, in the USA. Only in Europe. So, it was a very nice change of pace. The one thing that seemed to be lacking was security. I didn't see a single person in uniform walking around the property, although there were plenty of hotel staff around. The beachfront rooms were nice - although mine was back aways from the beach, which was good because I don't like the noise. The room was pretty comfy even with the tile floors. Because i knew I would be sharing a room with another person, I asked for 2 beds in the room but they had none. But, what they did have was a hideaway couch bed. We took turns sleeping on it - it wasn't comfortable! Not a big issue though. The discounted room rate was about $235 with tax. The non-discounted was probably $300 or more per day...rather expensive, and I don't think this hotel is on Priceline so if you're looking for an affordable getaway, this might not be your first choice. There were a lot of families with kids staying there, although other than the rental bikes I'm not sure there was much for kids to do other than just go on the beach. They do have fridges in the rooms so if you bring a microwave or a portable barbecue, you can just eat in every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego