We have been vacationing at Paradise Point for many years. We have spent time there both as young people ourselves and now with our own children and it never fails to exceed expectations! Location, Location, Location!
The grounds are always well groomed, beautiful and the staff is helpful. The sand and the Bay are clean and not over crowded. If you book a room on the water either as a single, a couple or with children, there is little reason to leave the property for anything!
The Bayside studio suites are a "must have" favorite. There are very few hotels right on the water that offer this kind of bungalow/room. Aside from renting a private beach house, we haven't been able to find anything like this anywhere.
This was our first visit back since the decor and campus was been upgraded/changed a few years ago and although it is now more "modern" instead of classic beach house style, everything was nicely done inside the room and very comfortable.
It was also the first trip that we have needed to reserve two attached rooms on the beach. This was a birthday adventure for one of our teens and we were concerned because initially the front desk wasn't sure that they could guarantee the attached room configuration which was a must have with underage children. We also asked to be situated close to one of the firepits which we have never requested before.(Most of the firepits are spaced well enough along the beach to be convenient to any of the beachfront rooms.)
It was a busy weekend, but the staff made sure that our rooms were in the perfect location & the firepit was right in front of our room!!
The hotel has added more family friendly dining options on site and although we were initially surprised by the mandatory ++ parking fee and "passport" fee, we discovered (too late!) that the mandatory passport includes a free family pizza dinner + salad etc... at the new pizza restaurant which is open after 5pm.
My suggestion to anyone is to CALL the hotel directly when making reservations. This is not an inexpensive vacation spot, but there are several different types of rooms in different areas and the overall hotel experience cannot be beat!
Well done AGAIN Paradise Point! We will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego