We spent 6 days at Paradise Point as part of a trip to the US taking in Anaheim and Las Vegas too. Overall, we enjoyed PP but I can see some of the issues highlighted by other guests might be a cause for concern. The pool was great for the kids as was the beach and other amenities. Our Lanai garden room was adequate - in need of a little updating, especially the bathroom and it wasn't especially spacious. The pictures on the website make this place look a little more special than it actually is and if I were here as a couple I think I would be disappointed - lots of children and familiies so no "quiet getaway" but this didn't bother us since we had 2 kids of our own! There seems to be an issue with the resort fees too which is creeping in to many hotel bookings but our fees were already covered as part of our holiday package with Virgin. I would however been very annoyed had I had to pay for this on arrival just for use of the internet etc. Overall though, it is a really nice place to stay (save for a bit of tidying up needed) and we had a really good time. Location is fabulous too - really handy for all the major attractions. For anyone who has been to Center Parcs in the UK, this is a similar place (bungalows nestled amongst the vegetation etc) except for much better weather and location! I would recommend this place for families but perhaps not couples (unless you maybe travel outside of school holiday season!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego