We booked this hotel due to its location and how it looks in pictures. But looks are deceiving! We have stayed in Hilton's and Westin's during other vacations. This resort charges probably more than them but had nothing to match their quality. The room was just filthy. Our bungalow had hardwood floors instead of carpet. Thats great but only if they could sweep it once in a while. The towel rack which was located below the sink, inches above the floor (never seen that before) was full of dust. The door knobs and closet doors were sticky and greasy as if they have never been wiped down. When we complained on the second nite of our stay, they promised to follow up and fix the issues. I spoke to the manager btw. When we returned the third nite the situation was worse. Not only the above issues had not been fixed, this time the bed was also not made and the toilet was not cleaned. This time i took a small towel, dampened it and dusted the towel rack myself. It caught not only lots of dust but also hair and food particles. Yuck! To think of it we were using towels kept on that rack. Ugh. I then called the front desk again and they were you know - really sorry! They had me talk to someone even higher up in the chain and again offered to move us to another room etc. Whatever.....i knew nothing was going to come off of this. I just made sure kids wore slippers all the time inside coz their socks were turning black with all the dust and grease. And having cleaned the towel rack myself, i felt better picking towels out of there. But truly disgusting housekeeping. Never seen anything like this. Also the exhaust in the bathroom was just to make noise - it didnt do anything. And they have resort fees and heavy parking fees per nite - so not worth it. We ate breakfast one morning at their Barefoot Bar and Grill...service was poor even though they were not full. Food was good but when we asked for some extra yogurt for the parfait, they charged 5$ for it. Really? Baleen was OK too....food could be more flavorful. I am sure the Hilton in the same location will be a better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego