For anyone that remembers the old Vacation Village in Mission Bay, this is the same place with new paint, and a new name. I was always a fan of the old barefoot bar, located at the beach, with easy boat access from the doc. But on our last visit in March, the service was horrible. The food was actually pretty good, but the service was bad. We waited over 25 minutes just for bar drinks, then another 20 minutes for food. The fine dining restaurant was great! Great views, great food, and a great waiter.
Be careful with online "deals" or "vacation packages" or "summer deals", or what ever they try to market that month. We bought an online deal from their website, and used their reservation center for a room with a "resort credit" for F&B of $75.00 per night. They added the additional $75.00 per night to the room rate that was quoted, and then deducted it from the over all charges. I had to call accounting twice to get it corrected.
Location definitely sells this property, the rooms are older, outdated, but clean. Front desk staff was great, and very helpful. Our son loved the "Kids Club" (babysitting service). If you have teens, there is plenty of room for them to enjoy the pools, beaches, mini golf, etc. But, for the cost of the room for two nights, I think we may go back to the Marriott on the water in down town. Or, back to Coronado Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego