If this place had a huge makeover, it could really be in a whole different class. I love the setting and all, but the place really needs some updating and paint.
Minutes from the airport, on the water, pretty "ok" restaurants, adequate services (bike rentals, boat rentals...), cheaper than Hotel del Coronado...
They checked us in 2.5 hours late because we were told room service wasn't done cleaning our unit yet. They told another guy the same thing and we waited in the lobby together. They did gave us a $75 coupon for a resort meal but we would have much preferred to have checked in on time. When we finally checked in, there was toothpaste on the sink and the dining table needed a good wipe. Not worth waiting an extra 2.5 hours for...
We paid a bunch of dough to stay in one of the bungalows on the beach and there was one bar of soap for two bathrooms, no dishes, silverware or glassware, not a single roll of paper towels and the room smelled musty....better pack for camping and bring your own supplies. Good thing our tiny kids (3 and 1 years old) were sleeping on the hide-a-bed, the mattress was trashed and if I weighed more than 40 pounds I'd be in a world of hurt.
Service was ok, at least it seemed like the staff tried to help. All signs of good management, but poor ownership.
Housekeeping: They did an only SLIGHTLY better than mediocre job.
We're going to fork over the money for an "OK" room at the del Coronado for our next trip.
Would an "A" class resort operator PLEASE buy this place? It could be SO much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, bedfinder AG, TravelUp, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelPower, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego