Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hotels.com
$179
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$419
Travelocity
6,137 results
All reviewsbarefoot bar and grillbayside bungalowcaveman pizzatidal restaurantmain poolsea worldmission bayfire pitbike rentalstennis courtsconference centerbeautiful propertyfamily vacationla jollapoolsduckshawaii
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spent a couple of nights here for a wedding that was taking place at the resort. I wouldn't say the rooms are super fancy, but the room was nice. Being in Mission Bay in San Diego, I would say that the experience showed just how beautiful San Diego is. The resort itself really felt like paradise - being able to walk around, sit by the beach, play basketball/tennis, and go swimming, it was just a perfect weekend. The cocktail hour of the wedding was held on the porch overlooking the bay at Sunset and it may have been the most beautiful view I can remember. The only negative I found were that there some issues with water pressure in my room. The place is not cheap, but you are getting a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Paradise Point for a friend's wedding and it was an amazing weekend! The guest rooms were beautiful. The property was exquisite and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed eating at the casual restaurant, swimming in the pool, and climbing the big tower. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was AMAZED at this secret resort and felt like a celebrity hiding from the masses. The grounds are beautifully kept with a tropical feeling and the staff were very energetic and helpful. I don't normally write such great reviews about places but this place is beautiful. My boyfriend and I had a very close view of the water from our bedroom with the doors open to the patio while we enjoyed the fireplace. The room was earthy, natural with hardwood floors and wood ceilings. Decorated with nature taken into consideration. The parking fees that people speak of is not manditory. You don't have to park there. It just helps keep the resort island like without all the cars around. I don't know. I just loved it. It was only a two hour drive for me instead of a plane trip to luxury.

Room Tip: Bay side room is the best..with the fireplace :) Even in t he rain. In fact, that was very romantic!
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Staci P
Reviewed January 30, 2013

stayed for a business conference for 3 days. two of those days i had to walk to my room in the rain only to find my card key didn't work. most of it was my fault because the key reacted to my phone, ipad and wallet apparently. ducks everywhere, but that meant duck poop too. outside of bungalows looked older but inside very modern. bathrooms were a bit worn, paint was peeling in the re-painted bathtub. nice layout with the bathroom and closet area hidden. ducks came to the sliding door to tap with their beaks for lunch. meeting area well appointed and staff always asked if i wanted a ride. maybe if i had kept my room key in my badge around my neck i would have had a better experience. ate at the barefoot lounge which was $22 for 3 beers. decided not to eat at the other restaraunt as they highlighted duck dishes - oh my! beautiful floors were cold in the morning. wish they had provided house slippers. i registered with one credit card but charged it on another. when i got home the hold was still on the first card and paid out on the second. did not have time to enjoy the spa or grounds which looked lovely.

Room Tip: saw friends had a fire pit outside their room which was good for parties, but bad if you're not invited and trying to sleep. we stayed in 328 which was nice. our friends had on the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank melemike
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Absolutely beautiful and well kept grounds...a little slice of the tropics. They have tons of fun activities for the whole family...really, you never have to leave the resort. However, everything is at a cost. It certainly isn't an all-inclusive, and the added parking and resort fees seemed a little steep and deceptive. Also, the cleaning/maid service was horrible.

When we first checked into our room, the area rug hadn't been vacuumed; it had sand and other particles all over it. Also, the mirror in the bathroom had what appeared to be lotion or make-up smeared on it. We were disgusted and wondered what else they had short-cut in the process of prepping our room. So we asked the front desk to send someone to clean it, and it took at least 3 hours for them to respond and rectify the situation. This was entirely too long of a wait. For being such a nice resort, I was appalled that they wouldn't take more pride in cleanliness of the rooms and that their response time lagged so much...after all, this was our first impression. I also couldn't believe what I learned over the course of our stay...that the maids don't even carry a vacuum with them, only a broom, despite the area rugs found in each of the rooms.

I would stay here again, but only if I can be guaranteed a clean room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco M, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Jennifer, we appreciate your review of your recent stay. We regret to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to par upon arrival. Furthermore, we sincerely apologize that it took so long for us to resolve the issue. I assure you that this situation is not representative of the experience we offer at our resort; we look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can have the opportunity to demonstrate the outstanding service we are known for.

Best,