I usually don't write hotel reviews, but I felt like I had to write this one. First, I'll say, I made a reservation about 6 months ago to insure a good thanksgiving weekend. When we arrived, we were assured that I had booked a 1 bedroom room, wrong!! We went to the room and it was a single large room with a bed. I went back to change rooms and the clerk at the desk (same one who checked us in) said he was sorry and got me a 1 bedroom with a view of the water, again, wrong!!! I went back to the desk and got my original room back. Not a good way to start out. The next evening (thanksgiving), after returning from a wonderful dinner off the grounds, we found the people from both sides of us with a picnic table blocking our view of the bay. They were drinking and playing extremely loud music. I called the desk to complain and it took 2 more calls for them to do anything about it. Unacceptable. They offered me another room, but at that point (1 1/2 hours later), I was done staying at this hotel. The manager said he was busy checking in other guests and left me hanging. My wife and I told him,when he did call back, that we were checking out. When I went to the desk, I was offered a free stay at the hotel some other time. I will never pay to stay at this hotel again. Besides the obvious hassles, the rooms, grounds and facilities were extremely dated and I have been coming to this place since 1985!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego